Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZ Bass – AT LAST!

The Pub
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Bryan Block
    Participant

It’s definitely a good idea – but UJAM did come out with their virtual bassists a little while ago:

bassist

🙂

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

Chris_91
    Participant

Yes, finally!!

I hope, the will use the drum pattern to suggest bass lines. The “talk” between the plugins is not very good at the meoment (even not with EZMix).

I hope, they take this chance!!!

Cant wait to see it… When can we pre-order?

Thanked by: Kevin Williams and Henrik
    Chris_91
    Participant

PLEASE at least add a function to exchange the chords progression (maybe even verse/chorus flag) from EZ Keys to EZ Bass (or other way round…)

Thanked by: Kevin Williams, Geir Johannessen and Henrik
    Geir Johannessen
    Participant

Hear, hear :).

“PLEASE at least add a function to exchange the chords progression (maybe even verse/chorus flag) from EZ Keys to EZ Bass (or other way round…)”
    This has to be a must. Biggest challenge will be if EZ Keys and EZ Bass won’t talk with eachother.

Having said that, I would love it if in the future EZ Drums could analyze and suggest a beat when you have made a chord pattern and a playing style on the piano.

Thanked by: Kevin Williams
    nickl23
    Participant

Does anyone have any updated info on the release date of EZBass? I haven’t heard anything else about it since the original press release. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

Does anyone have any updated info on the release date of EZBass? I haven’t heard anything else about it since the original press release. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

The latest info is a Q4 2019 release date.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

RickMcCoy
    Participant

I agree with the rest of you guys. I am  anticipating greatness!

I have the IK-Multimedia MODO Bass, the Native Instruments JAY Bass, Spectrasonics Trilian Bass, Ample Sound Ample Bass J, and Waves Bass Slapper. They all sound great and have their strong suits but when I saw that TT was developing a Bass I said YES!

So I am very interested to see what Toontrack has cooked up with their EZ Bass. All their other products are fantastic so I expect nothing less with EZ Bass.

Can’t wait, but I guess I have too huh. Thanks!

neil hollingworth
    Participant

love the concept, but i think you will have to program the midi to get the best out of this. packs will consist of straight pattern, if you want the bass and guitars to follow each other you will have to program them. But as i only use the EZ Keys for the sample sounds, i will proberly do the same for the bass sampler.

nickl23
    Participant

Thank you, Scott

I don’t know how else to communicate with the tech folks at Toontrack so, since you are identified as such, I’d like to make a suggestion:

While I really value my EZ Keys and EZ Mix plugins, I think that they would be greatly improved (and more marketable) if the user was able to expand the GUI the way we can in Superior Drummer. As they are, they are difficult to see, difficult to read and interact with and to be frank, it makes them look a little cheesy. They are really useful plugins but interaction with them is difficult because of their very cramped format. The expandable screen in Superior Drummer makes it a pleasure to work in and very easy to read. I hope that EZ Bass will be available in this format also. I don’t know if this is technically feasible, but I think it would be a major improvement to these products.

Just my two cents.

thanks,

Nick

Scott

Thank you, Scott

I don’t know how else to communicate with the tech folks at Toontrack so, since you are identified as such, I’d like to make a suggestion:

While I really value my EZ Keys and EZ Mix plugins, I think that they would be greatly improved (and more marketable) if the user was able to expand the GUI the way we can in Superior Drummer. As they are, they are difficult to see, difficult to read and interact with and to be frank, it makes them look a little cheesy. They are really useful plugins but interaction with them is difficult because of their very cramped format. The expandable screen in Superior Drummer makes it a pleasure to work in and very easy to read. I hope that EZ Bass will be available in this format also. I don’t know if this is technically feasible, but I think it would be a major improvement to these products.

Just my two cents.

thanks,

Nick

I agree. However, as it was explained to me, it’s no easy feat. S3 was built from the ground up and a resizable GUI was part of that design. The older generations of plugins, EZD2, EZkeys, EZmix2, can’t easily be made to resize and will take a next gen design to implement.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

GWxxx
    Participant

Since Toontrack EZKeys has made an attempt to corner the market for small budget filmmakers, I would suggest that the sample library not only consist of e-bass, but also f.ex. bass-clarinet, sousaphone and bottle blow and perhaps a fictional synth-sound? To work especially with Movie Scores  –  Horror and Movie Scores  –  Suspense. To replace my old version of Broomstick Bass.

binaryjack
    Participant

I’ve purchassed UJAM Virtual bass but from my point of view it sounds very bad and has too robotic’s feeling. I have a ton of virtual bass modules: Bassis, Trillian, Virtual Basist, Modo Bass… but I always end up grabbing my old four stringed and recording it by myself… I looking forward toontrack’s EZ-Bass. will see if they avoid me to struggle with my fingers anytime I have a bass line to record… hehehehe

Thanked by: Henrik
    Kevin Williams
    Participant

A real shame that Broomstick Bass was never really supported or developed by Bournemark after around 2005. It was such a brilliantly useful virtual instrument due to the included editable midi patterns. Definitely a precursor to the forthcoming EZ Bass.

Kevin Williams
    Participant

Hi Scott Sibley, as we’re now in Q4, is there any possibility of Toontrack updating the proposed release schedule for EZ Bass ?

Scott

Hi Scott Sibley, as we’re now in Q4, is there any possibility of Toontrack updating the proposed release schedule for EZ Bass ?

Sorry, I have no further release date info.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.