EX2 workflow question

Studio Corner
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • John

Hi,

have you tried using EZdrummer 2 with MultiOut? This way you don’t need to have any duplicate tracks.
    If you check this video in the FAQ:
    http://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-set-up-ezdrummer-for-multichannel-operation-in-pro-tools/
    it shows how you can set up EZdrummer for multiple output operation. Even though it’s old and shows the EZdrummer 1 plugin, the principle is still the same.

Also, you can actually have Instrument Tracks for the separate outputs instead of Aux Tracks, if you feel you still want to split out the MIDI separately but then you mustn’t forget to route the MIDI of each Instrument Track to the EZdrummer 2 plugin.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

David George
    Participant

Thanks, John–I was completely unaware of this and will definitely adopt this workflow moving forward.

Edit:

Wow–I had to come back and edit my post because my follow-up questions were obsolete!

I went into PT and created 12 aux tracks (to match the number of mics in the EXDrummer mixer) and set them up as per the video. I use a lot of busses in general so this wasn’t an issue.

I had to solo each track to determine what’s what as far as the tracks in the EZD mixer and how they correspond to my DAW, but within a minute I had it all figured out.

This is truly amazing! I have sections with shaker and tambourine and I really want those to have separate EQ, etc. This gives me far more control than having everything on a single track and was so much easier than I expected. Thanks! Laugh

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.