Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

[DESIGN] Anti-vibration Riser (by TonyTheDude)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cheapthrill
    Participant

The design looks simple enough, but I am curious about what material those sheets are made of…they don’t look like plywood.

Thomas Beringer
    Participant

It appears you have a roland PM 16 setup here, Is it true???

Nicko Mcbrain, Scott Travis, Neal Peart, Mike Portnoy, Nick Menza, Lars Ulrich, A few of my favorites

PFozz
    Participant

Hi,

I took this picture just after a quick setup.
    I just wanted to show what the riser is intended to be used for 😉
    Actually, my setup is built around a TD8, a PM-16 and I recently added a TriggerIO.
    The PM16 is an excellent auxiliary TMI, though.

Best regards.

www.eareckon.com

whsnare
    Participant

Hey Pfozz,
    Question; are you in a second floor apartment?? I am looking to do something similar. I am in a second floor apartment that is about 110yrs old with brick walls a lot like yours from the looks of it. If so is your down stairs neighbor getting any vibrations since you built the riser?
    I need a solution fast!!
    Also any tips or tricks you learned along the way are welcome.

Thanks
    WHsnare

PFozz
    Participant

Hi WHsnare,

I live in a house and I don’t have any neighbours downstairs (except a lazy cat that probably could sleep under a nuclear attack ^^).
    Noone complains in the house, but everybody at home know how sad I would be without drums to hit 🙂

Actually, the wooden floor is not adapted to drums at all. My neighbours and I “enjoy” to talk about how rainy it is today, how early the cows and flies went out this year and mostly how easily the sound goes from house to house because of the wood. But this riser is very efficient. 
    Of course, nothing is perfect but it drastically dampens the sound of my kick. No more complains, no SWAT especially coming from L.A. to kill me, …
    Tony the Dude surely saved my life 🙂

Best regards.

www.eareckon.com

Stirfry
    Participant

Man, that looks really cool. I love DIY solutions… too bad I’ve already moved out of my 2nd floor dorm (that was a tough couple of months) 🙂

Thanks for reposting the picts!

http://www.AeonSatori.com

kiteboarder
    Participant

This looks awesome. Can anybody report on any success with a riser like this living on a second or third story of an average apartment building?

droove2
    Participant

Yep. I can confirm it works! Had a lot of complaints around my HD-3’s kick pedal vibrating the floor. Had one of these bad boys made for me (used rizersdrums.com) and no more complaints.

Kalle Kanon
    Participant

Just got my first neighbor complaint, so I’m going to build this. Only problem is that 28 cheap tennis balls are hard to come by. Cheapest I’ve found, was the equivalent of 100 dollars, and those sellers I found on Ebay couldn’t ship that heavy packages to Norway.

Any suggestions to other materials that might work?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.