D20 – LA (Metal Machine EZX, Axe Fx)

User demos
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Tars Tarkas
    Participant

Sounds really good Cory..  Would you consider this an upgrade from DFH & Metalheads? 

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Tars Tarkas

Sounds really good Cory..  Would you consider this an upgrade from DFH & Metalheads? 

Many thanks!!!!

To my ears and taste in drums…..this product is freakin’ awesome! For my D20 stuff and my band The Icarus Effect, and other productions I would use this over DFH. I have the older DFH……not the EZX version…..i guess it would be the one that Metal Foundry is the 2.0 version of and i don’t own Metalheads, but from the demos i’ve heard i went with Metal Machine as soon as i heard it! You should get it! Trust me, to me these are the best straight out of the box samples for drums i think i have ever heard hands down!

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Coryd
    Participant

Bumping this a bit. I added some parts to this and tried to make it a bit more interesting. Hope you guys like it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/D20%20-%20Life%20Alert.mp3

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Santuzzo
    Participant

man, this sounds AWESOME!!!!

Great playing, great song and great sound!!!!

Win7 home prem 64bit i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 6GB RAM Cubase 7, 64bit http://www.larsbauer.com/

Butter Buns
    Participant

LOL. the intro sample is genius.

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Santuzzo

man, this sounds AWESOME!!!!

Great playing, great song and great sound!!!!

Many thanks!

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: vincenizzzle

LOL. the intro sample is genius.

Wait until you hear the outro sample

I’ll update that pretty soon.

jrobbins
    Participant

Kick Ass as always Cory! Did you use a preset right out of the box? or did you do some tweaking….any info is appreciated bro!

I’m diggin’ this drum sound!!!!!!!

Jon

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: jrobbins

Kick Ass as always Cory! Did you use a preset right out of the box? or did you do some tweaking….any info is appreciated bro!

I’m diggin’ this drum sound!!!!!!!

Jon

Thanks jrobbins!
    I didn’t use any preset for this track. I used the Supraphonic snare i know, the 2nd kicks on the list, i think it was the 2nd toms on the list too, and i did a bit of tweaking in S2.0, but not that much. i think i used the zildijan prototype cymbals as well. I also set up a drum bus and compressed it quite heavily. Hope this is some good info that andswered your question. If you have any more questions let me know

jrobbins
    Participant

Thanks Cory! That gives me some idea of how you got that sound. I’m still using Metal Foudry but these sound AWESOME and I think I’ll give it a try!

Thanks again bro!

Jon

GORILLA
    Participant

Noice Cory!!!!!! m/m/

http://www.metalmusicians.net/<- click here for GORILLA'S website!!!!!

Coryd
    Participant

Thanks Jon and Gorilla! 

I went back and added some to the track, some parallel compression on the drums and mixed it a bit differently. Here is the newest mix and the final version of the track: http://soundcloud.com/d20/d20-life-alert

Aaron Darling
    Participant

Sounds killer dude! Really want to get the Metal Machine pack but cash is hindering that for a while.

ChrisGeez
    Participant

Hey man,

It sounds sick! Nice grooves too!

I noticed though that all the versions except the first one are mono. Is that what you wanted? I thought the first idea sounded awesome in glorious stereo.

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: ChrisGeez

Hey man,

It sounds sick! Nice grooves too!

I noticed though that all the versions except the first one are mono. Is that what you wanted? I thought the first idea sounded awesome in glorious stereo.

Many thanks!!! 🙂

I probably didn’t mean to mix it down in mono….that happened with another track of mine unfortunately. Here is the stereo mixdown of this track. Hope you dig it!!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/D20%20-%20Life%20Alert.mp3

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.