D20 – Just testing a new mix (Axe Fx, S2.0)

User demos
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • ChrisGeez
    Participant

Hey CoryD,

Another cool clip.

What I would say though is, to my ears, it sounds like the guitars aren’t as “beefy”, and the bass guitar doesn’t stand out as much, as in the previous clip you uploaded? Life Alert.mp3.

It’s not that it sounds wrong – it seems to make the reverb on the drums stand out a bit more.

Depends what you were going for I guess.

I do prefer the mix / sound of the previous clip though, if I had to choose.

Chris

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: ChrisGeez

Hey CoryD,

Another cool clip.

What I would say though is, to my ears, it sounds like the guitars aren’t as “beefy”, and the bass guitar doesn’t stand out as much, as in the previous clip you uploaded? Life Alert.mp3.

It’s not that it sounds wrong – it seems to make the reverb on the drums stand out a bit more.

Depends what you were going for I guess.

I do prefer the mix / sound of the previous clip though, if I had to choose.

Chris

Cool man! Thanks for the input Chris!
    Yeah the mix needs a bit of work. I’ve been toying with quad tracking guitars lately and i think that i’m getting better results doing it that way. Below is another clip using a PODxt for the guitars. Not sure if it sounds better, but i did use my newly purchased Ampeg SVP Pro for the bass on this clip too. Hope you like it!

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.