One day only: Up to 20% off all individual EBXs for EZbass!*

One day only: Up to 20% off all
individual EBXs for EZbass!

One day only: Up
to 20% off all individual EBXs
for EZbass!

cymbal dynamics

Studio Corner
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • godprobe
    Participant

assuming you just have EZ Drummer, the best I can come up with for what I *think* you’re looking for is in the included Cocktail EZX kit.
    change the ride cymbal to “Ride Mikaelsson – Sticks” and the low velocity hits should get the effect I *think* you’re going for?

WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/

Whitten
    Participant

Have you tried using very low velocities from your midi?

zebbie
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I’m not a real drummer so terminology sometimes escapes me. But essentially what I’m trying to do is a cymbal fill. I’ve got a ballad and on the second bridge everything drops out. On a real kit I would do light rolls and taps on the crashes. Does that clarify what I’m trying for?

Using low velocity on the crashes is better, but it is still distinctly a cymbal hit. Using low velocity on the ride gets me close, but obviously it’s not quite the same as if it were a 16″ or 18″ crash.

I have a friend who has Superior. Is this something Superior can handle? Or is there a drumpack that deals with this better?

Scott

Is this something Superior can handle? Or is there a drumpack that deals with this better?

The Music City SDX (Superior expansion pack) has ‘ride’ articulations on the crash cymbals. The crash cymbals in the Funkmasters EZX (EZdrummer expansion) also has ‘ride’ articulations.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

I guess it would depend how the cymbals were initially sampled.
    When we recorded Custom & Vintage most of the quieter cymbal crashes were played with the stick tip on the body of the cymbal. That’s the sound you are after, and is found in the C&V set by triggering cymbals with very low velocity hits (127 being full volume/velocity, 20, 10 or below being a low velocity value)

zebbie
    Participant

Thanks, that sounds like exactly what I need.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.