Cymbal choking but I don’t want it to

Studio Corner
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Henry Robinett
    Participant

Nobody??

SD3, Metric Halo ULN-8, Axe Fx III, DP10, Logic Pro, PT

Henry Robinett
    Participant

This btw it only seems to happen on playback of the DAW. Played on a keyboard I don’t have the problem.

John

Hi,

I wonder if you are using the ‘Mute Hit’ articulations? They respond to velocity, i.e. they are all Mute hits but get shorter the harder you hit.
    If you could perhaps ZIP the ‘.ptx’ file (no audio) and attach it to a post here, I could have a look?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henry Robinett
    Participant

I don’t see it saved as .ptx file. I saved it and it’s .s20. Also I can save it as a standard midi file, but that doesn’t include SD2. I haven’t done this in PT, if that’s what you mean and I haven’t opened PT in more than a year.

Henry Robinett
    Participant

I still can’t get this to work. Other midi SD2 notes are stopping the ring, either on playback or recording. NOT when I play them without the DAW playing previous tracks like the hat snare of kick, the only things I’ve recorded via midi.

John

Hi,

I’m sorry but I got the impression that you were using Pro Tools but it’s DP, I see.
    My DP version is way too old, so if you could ZIP the .s20 and exported MIDI and attach here, I can take a look and see if something shows up.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henry Robinett
    Participant

Save Project? I can’t upload. It says file extension error.

John

If you compress it to a ZIP Archive, it should work.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henry Robinett
    Participant

I don’t know what happened or what exactly I did, but it started working. I had rebooted Mac Pro, relaunched DAW, relaunched SD2 after deleting the instrument from my DAW, changed presets. No change. THEN it did. So it’s working now and I don’t know why. Thank you.

John

OK,

that’s good to hear. You report back if you run into problems.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick McKay
    Participant

I’m having the same issue with EZD3 in Logic. For some reason, whenever I hit the crash at the start of a bar, it chokes instead of ringing out as soon as I go back to the hi-hats. Never had this issue with EZD, EZD2 or SD3.

Thanked by: Roman MacBook Pro
    Roman MacBook Pro
    Participant

Same here…First time this is happening. When I play the crashes back in EZD 3 in Solo Mode, I can hear the crashes going through all the way. They only choke with all the other drums playing along. Im def not on the choke sound with the markers…

George Amodei_1
    Participant

I’m having Issues w/ EZ DRUMMER 3 Cymba;s Choking out but I notice i happens where i have Created  or Slpice a New MIDI REGION ??? PLAES HEP ME! Thx in advance. George

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.