Customizing Kits

Studio Corner
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • EachHit
    Participant

@andrushkiwt said:

Can someone point me to a video or webpage with instructions on how to assemble a custom kit built from two different SD2 sets? I like the Metal Machine cymbals, but cannot figure out how to use them inside of the NY Avatar kit.

Again, I want to use the Metal Machine cymbals with the NY Avatar kit.

thanks!

Hi,

the easiest way would be to just build 2 Drumkits each setup on it’s own track. That what I have done a few times.

But you could also use X-Drums:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH3bVYSFMUU

I also found this with a quick Googlesearch. I am doing it with X-Drum now cause I liked the Metal Machinery SDX which I combined with some Kicks and Cymbals from Made of Metal.

Heavy Greetz

andrushkiwt
    Participant

Perfect. Exactly what I needed. I figured out up to the mapping part on my own, but was stuck from there. Thanks a lot!

If interested, here are 4 originals all made with SD2 Avatar. I’ll also move it to the appropriate forum, if one exists. thanks again!

https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

EachHit
    Participant

@andrushkiwt said:

Perfect. Exactly what I needed. I figured out up to the mapping part on my own, but was stuck from there. Thanks a lot!

If interested, here are 4 originals all made with SD2 Avatar. I’ll also move it to the appropriate forum, if one exists. thanks again!

it’s not exactly my style of music but it isn’t bad. You may want to layer another Snare on top of the one on your Main Kit. I am doing mostly more extreme Metal Stuff. But there I sometimes layer up to 4 or 5 Snares on top of each Other. The same for Bassdrums.

If you really wanna get good at creating Virtual Drums you may wanna have a look at Creativelive.com On the the 23rd there is a Rebroadcast for an EZ Drummer Class up and it’s free to watch. That’s where I learned Stuff that really helped me to create more realistic Drums.

How do you record your Guitars? if you are interest I could reamp some of the Guitars for you with my Kemper Amp.

Heavy Greetz

andrushkiwt
    Participant

it’s not exactly my style of music but it isn’t bad
    How do you record your Guitars? if you are interest I could reamp some of the Guitars for you with my Kemper Amp.

Heavy Greetz

the drums aren’t bad, the songs themselves, or the mixes of them?

The guitar is recorded through an AudioBox USB, directly into the interface. I spent more on the computer than on the mixing equipment…

Only been mixing these tracks for about 6 months, so plenty to learn still. But I test those tracks out at homerecording.com and see what those folks have to say about them. Doing it myself is certainly cheaper than going to the studio every month to record. Plus, I can play around with all kinds oscillators and filters that I couldn’t ever find in stompbox form. Slowly, but surely, the mixes are improving. I’m certainly open to suggestions on improving the quality of the mix. EQ, mastering, anything at all. Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate it much.

also, i’ll check out that broadcast. No one really taught me anything on this software, I usually just adjust levels, add EQ, tiny Comp, bit of “drum booth” verb, and call it a day. typical guitar player. ha

Taras

EachHit
    Participant

@andrushkiwt said:

it’s not exactly my style of music but it isn’t bad

Heavy Greetz

the drums aren’t bad, the songs themselves, or the mixes of them?

The guitar is recorded through an AudioBox USB, directly into the interface. I spent more on the computer than on the mixing equipment…

Only been mixing these tracks for about 6 months, so plenty to learn still. But I test those tracks out at homerecording.com and see what those folks have to say about them. Doing it myself is certainly cheaper than going to the studio every month to record. Plus, I can play around with all kinds oscillators and filters that I couldn’t ever find in stompbox form. Slowly, but surely, the mixes are improving. I’m certainly open to suggestions on improving the quality of the mix. EQ, mastering, anything at all. Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate it much.

also, i’ll check out that broadcast. No one really taught me anything on this software, I usually just adjust levels, add EQ, tiny Comp, bit of “drum booth” verb, and call it a day. typical guitar player. ha

Taras

The Songs are cool. I think with a better mix they would sound pretty good. That’s why I spent more time with mixing and that stuff cause I pretty damn suck at playing an Instrument and writing Songs. That’s why the Songs I record and Mix myself always sound kinda lame.
    When I do the songs from my Buddy there’s no way I can’t make the Songs sound Bad. A good Song is a good Song no matter how it’s mixed.

When you got some raw tracks from your Songs (DI’s and Midis and maybe the Vocals) I would like to try and do a mix. It would be a little Diversion not always doing the same Style of Music.

All Broadcasts at the Creativelive.com Audio Section are very very good. I learned a lot of stuff by viewing mostly all of them.

Heavy Greetz

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.