Custom and vintage question…

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • jgro002
    Participant

I read a previous thread where someone noted something similar about the “Camco & Craviotto jam” on the C&V demo player (i.e. that they couldn’t get ‘that sound’ with the effects in Superior Drummer 2). The answer there was that the mix for that demo was done with the original C&V using outboard gear – perhaps this is the same situation?

Jeremy.

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Wiz
    Participant

ORIGINAL: jgro002

I read a previous thread where someone noted something similar about the “Camco & Craviotto jam” on the C&V demo player (i.e. that they couldn’t get ‘that sound’ with the effects in Superior Drummer 2). The answer there was that the mix for that demo was done with the original C&V using outboard gear – perhaps this is the same situation?

Jeremy.

Makes sense….I remembered something about it as well, but couldnt find the post..

thanks very much

Wiz

Mattias
    Forum Crew

I checked the original Pro Tools file where this is mixed, and I couldnt find any strange settings or anything like that..
    Except for, in my session, the Ambience channels are routed to Output 3/4, is that how it is for you as well?
    If so, reroute them to 1/2 again, and it should be the sound from the demo. Try this and let us know.

The midi is different to, since the midi used in the song is soundreplaced from real drums, and is not in the product.

Mattias Eklund - Toontrack
    Head Of Sound Design

Wiz
    Participant

Hi Mattais

thanks very much for taking the time to have a look at the orig mix in protools, thats very nice of you.

I checked my routing, amb is routed to 1/2 ….

Its just that the drums in that song, sound a lot more…well…finished sounding than that of the drums in C&V even though I am using the same preset.

There is a lot more clarity …

I would have expected, seeing the name of the demo, in the presets list, they would be the same…I had assumed all the processing was done in the plug in, and didnt consider that the drums may have had external processing outside of the plug in….

cheers

Wiz

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.