Core Midi pack for windows doesn't install?

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • HazzeDotCom
    Participant

Now I manually copied the midi folder to C:\Program Files\Toontrack\EZX\Midi

Now at least I can use the grooves in SP3..

But the Product Manager still says there is updates to install…

This is not user friendly experience! :/

Operating system: Windows 10
    Scott

Now I manually copied the midi folder to C:\Program Files\Toontrack\EZX\Midi

Now at least I can use the grooves in SP3..

But the Product Manager still says there is updates to install…

This is not user friendly experience! :/

When you click on “Show Details” in Product Manager, what does it show?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

HazzeDotCom
    Participant

03edit

Olof

Hi,

Sorry for the problems. To find out what the cause is, please open Command Prompt and copy/paste the following block of commands there (all at once) and press Enter:

dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer\Midi" & reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Toontrack\Superior\EZDrummer /v HomePath & reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Toontrack\Superior\EZDrummer /v HomePath & reg query HKCU\SOFTWARE /v HomePath /S & echo DONE

Wait for it to say “DONE” and then take a screenshot of the window.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

• This post was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Olof.
    xykotik
    Participant

Was there ever a reply and.or solution?  I have the exact sasme issue.

I performed the mentioned cmd and have attached the result.

I must mention that I do not have an F: drive.  I have an external SSD from which I copied the downloaded files to an internal SSD (c:\SD3\SoundLibraries\Downloads), and installed the sound libraries from there, using the installer exe in each of the SL folders.  Copying them to that drive took seconds each.  Installing them was more of a challenge.  The first one took about 5 minutes.  2-5 took about 1.5 hours each (I do not understand this).

The two mentioned updates for the first sound library were successful, but it always says the second one is available for install, just like the OP.

Olof

Was there ever a reply and.or solution?  I have the exact sasme issue.

I performed the mentioned cmd and have attached the result.

I must mention that I do not have an F: drive.  I have an external SSD from which I copied the downloaded files to an internal SSD (c:\SD3\SoundLibraries\Downloads), and installed the sound libraries from there, using the installer exe in each of the SL folders.  Copying them to that drive took seconds each.  Installing them was more of a challenge.  The first one took about 5 minutes.  2-5 took about 1.5 hours each (I do not understand this).

The two mentioned updates for the first sound library were successful, but it always says the second one is available for install, just like the OP.

Open SD3, go to Settings > Libraries/Paths, scroll to the bottom and change the path for “Additional Libraries” to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\EZDrummer.

Coder

Thanked by: Vincent Pigeon
    xykotik
    Participant

I changed the path and the update link within that library went away.  Thank you!

Vincent Pigeon
    Participant

Can confirm this worked for me too. Thanks a lot!

Eff Hash
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problem on OSX Mojave. Can you please tell me if you have a magic terminal command line to solve the issue on mac OSC please ?

(I use default installation path for all SDX, EZX and midi pack expention)

Thanks

Operating system: macOS Mojave (10.14)
    • This post was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Eff Hash.
    Olof

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problem on OSX Mojave. Can you please tell me if you have a magic terminal command line to solve the issue on mac OSC please ?

(I use default installation path for all SDX, EZX and midi pack expention)

Thanks

• This post was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Eff Hash.

Change the path for Additional Libraries in SD3 Settings. “/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer” (Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > EZDrummer) is recommended/default.

Coder

Thanked by: Eff Hash
    Eff Hash
    Participant

Work like a charm !

Thanks you very much 🙂

peter mcconnell
    Participant

Having the same problem. I have taken screen print as above. Please help.

John

Hi Peter,

there are several posts in this thread, with slightly differing problems, OSes and solutions; could you please specify more and what steps you have taken?

Did any info earlier in this thread help at all?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

bokchoy
    Participant

Same problem as quoted below except its for EZKeys Dream Machine/Small Upright Piano and the 64 bit VST…  Possible solution?  Thanks!

“Hi!

Im on Windows 10, and the other day I installed SP3. Everything seems fine but not the Core Midi Pack!

The PM says I can install an update, så I initiate that, it unzippes files and start a install process, then I get e message saying install complete.

But, the PM still says there is updates to install, and no midi can be used in SP3.

Frustration here now, lost a day in production time

Hope you can help?”

John

Hi bokchoy,

are you trying to install EZkeys MIDI and get an error message? Or are you having trouble installing an update for EZkeys player?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.