Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Core Expansion for EZmix 2

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Rob
    Participant

I’m pretty shocked at this as well. I own all but two of the EZmix1 expansions but the price hike for EZmix2 expansions is taking the piss. I got this nice email this morning saying “We wanted to thank and congratulate you for taking the opportunity of upgrading to EZmix 2! We couldn’t be more humbled and pleased about the overwhelming enthusiasm you, our users, have shown for this product… blah blah”. If this price gouging is how you intend to treat loyal customers I won’t be purchasing any more products from Toontrack. I know times are tight for companies and margins are getting squeezed but those same things are happening for your loyal customers as well.

If you really wanted to thank your existing customers you should offer them a discount. What a shame.

ChazC
    Participant

It wouldn’t be so bad if you actually provided a patch list of what you get in each pack. *29 was (just) worth a risk but *49, with no specific info? I’ll pass thanks. I bought the very first pop/rock one & have not bought another pack since – simply for that reason; I like to know what I’m paying for.

Like SoundWerx has said, I was pleasantly surprised today at getting an email thanking me for my support & was expecting to see some sort of a discount on the price of the new pack. Unless this is just an introductory price & you’re banging it up even more in a month?! Not impressed TBH.

ChazC
    Participant

What I will add to that though is that the upgrade to 2 was worth it – I have no problems with EZMix2 as a plug in, the new amp sims sound great & it’s still a go to plugin when I need something in a hurry – it’s just your policy with the add-ons which is off the mark I’m afraid.

Kip Count
    Participant

ORIGINAL: ChazC
    What I will add to that though is that the upgrade to 2 was worth it – I have no problems with EZMix2 as a plug in, the new amp sims sound great & it’s still a go to plugin when I need something in a hurry – it’s just your policy with the add-ons which is off the mark I’m afraid.

Exactly how I feel. I love EZmix 2. I’ve been using it more and more. I’m just extremely disappointed in the new price point for the newer packs, and I’m just absolutely dumbfounded at them raising the prices on the old ones. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if someone just made a mistake on the pricing when updating the website. Because it’s that shocking to me.

And as you said, regarding the old price point… $29 was risky to me. So much so that I hesitated to buy any of them. After some reading, I was actually about to come around and pick up the Chuck Ainlay pack. But for $49?! Not a chance. I’m DONE with EZmix (in as far as buying ANY additional content) until they rethink the expansion prices. At the very least, bring them back where they were. They stay at $49 and forget about it. I’m fine with what it comes with stock.

That email they sent out did just make it hurt more. Because the wording was so appreciative, thanks for your support, and jumping right on the EZmix train and all that, and then BAM, new pack is 50 bucks, and by the way, in case you never got around to picking up any of the other expansion packs, they are also 50 bucks now too! Thanks for your support! *sigh*

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

chrisharbin
    Participant

I’m so mad about it, I unsubscribed from the mailing list. 🙁

win7x64/i7 860/msi mobo/Reaper x64/8GB ram/profire 610/oxygen 61

Greg
    Participant

At the very least, Toontrack could have/should have said that pricing for all packs is increasing on March 1, etc. This really stinks of someone in sales/marketing coming up with an idea to blindside loyal users who just upgraded. Like others posted, I own a fair amount of toontrack products, but aside from the fact that $50 for presets is likely too much for this type of product, the way it was done was not customer friendly in any way shape or form. I bought the ainley pack last week and happened to pick up the alt/rock pack yesterday from someone selling the license, but that’s it for me, which is unfortunate for toontrack because (to my wife’s chagrin!) I spend a lot on software monthly.

Intel 13900K, Windows 11 , Cubase Pro 12.0.50, Studio One 5.2.1.64495, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo x4 Thunderbolt, RME UFX – USB 96K, 64 sample buffer size, Radeon 570, 42″ 4k monitor

MIDI controller: Roland A-37, Jamstik Studio, MCU Pro + expander
    Drum Brain: Yamaha DTX 900, RHH135 hihat, 2 crash and 1 ride cymbal, 4 toms.

Kip Count
    Participant

ORIGINAL: gmontano

At the very least, Toontrack could have/should have said that pricing for all packs is increasing on March 1, etc. This really stinks of someone in sales/marketing coming up with an idea to blindside loyal users who just upgraded.

I agree. With the EZmix 2 upgrade, we had warning. So those that wanted to buy EZmix 1 at the time, knowing the upgrade price was only $49, they could do it, thereby saving a little money to get to EZmix 2. I did exactly that.

But this really was blindsiding. I just invested in yet another Toontrack Product, and now I’m held hostage in matter of speaking. I’m not able to expand or improve on my investment without dropping $49 at a time, on preset packs that I really don’t know if I’ll benefit from (until I get to hear them and use them on my sources).

And what happens to those people that decided that EZmix 1 was plenty for them. Now their expansions all cost near what they payed for the plugin in the first place.

This thing really has me heated. I think it’s mostly disappointment, as Toontrack usually does the right thing. I just never expected this sort of thing from them.

I realize that the producers behind some of these packs are legitimate music industry names, but at the end of the day, they really are JUST a set of presets. You’re not buying any program code, you’re not buying an executable program, you are buying some data parameters to feed into software that you’ve already purchased. I think the prices really need to reflect this reality. In my eyes, $29 was already a little steep. I feel $19 for the older preset packs and $29 for the new ones is a much more reasonable price point. And I would bet that the actually profit that comes in at those price points would be greater than it’ll be at the current prices, because they will likely sell more than twice as much. If the preset packs were priced at $19/$29, I’d pick up at least 3 or 4 of them today. But at $49, I’m walking away.

Greg
    Participant

great point. At $20 bucks each, knowing me I would have bought them all. At $50 each, I won’t buy anymore at all. Similarly, when the SD 2 presets were $9 I bought a few, after they raised the prices, I stopped buying them.

Intel 13900K, Windows 11 , Cubase Pro 12.0.50, Studio One 5.2.1.64495, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo x4 Thunderbolt, RME UFX – USB 96K, 64 sample buffer size, Radeon 570, 42″ 4k monitor

MIDI controller: Roland A-37, Jamstik Studio, MCU Pro + expander
    Drum Brain: Yamaha DTX 900, RHH135 hihat, 2 crash and 1 ride cymbal, 4 toms.

Rogjul
    Participant

On Feb 2nd I asked this same question Right here :
    http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=123249
    Never got a toontrack response . They had 5 days to respond , but Nothing

Not Cool

Kip Count
    Participant

I do wonder how long it’ll be before Toontrack addresses this, or if they will at all. They might stand their ground. Only they see their daily sales data. Maybe they are moving plenty at $49. I don’t know. I do know that though we are a minority, and there is only a handful of us that have expressed our disappointment in this price increase. But I’ve yet to see anyone on the forum defend the price or say it’s no big deal. I’m sure a few will come along sooner or later.

In any case, I would hope that Toontrack would address it at some point, even if it’s to present their justification for it. Cause from where I stand, it simply looks like gouging. Especially on an older line of products that now just got an almost 70% price increase!

sunmachine
    Participant

ORIGINAL: skiltrip

In any case, I would hope that Toontrack would address it at some point, even if it’s to present their justification for it. Cause from where I stand, it simply looks like gouging. Especially on an older line of products that now just got an almost 70% price increase!

If they won’t address this we could flood this forum with some “deleteous” bacon…

Kip Count
    Participant

Let’s save the bacon as a last resort shall we? 😉

I’m assuming so, but are you the same sunmachine from the Presonus forums?

sunmachine
    Participant

Yep! 🙂

Kip Count
    Participant

Ok. I know how lethal the bacon became over in my “delete me” thread on the S1 forum. lol. Let’s definitely hold back that kind of heavy artillery until absolutely necessary.
    But… still no Toontrack word on any of this. Not liking it. I might be getting my frying pan out just in case.

Mixobserver
    Participant

this is an interesting topic. as a prospective ez mix customer, i’m curious with how they will charge for future presets.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.