Config file error

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Brad
    Participant

@elad zabinsky said:
    hi
    im trying to install my ezkeys midi packs but get this message:
    “Could Not Read Installer FILE Config”
    I use macOS Sierra 10.12.5

ive tried rebooting but im still getting the same error  

Is your EZKeys installation fully up to date? Insure that is done first, then install the midi pack.
    Windows or Mac?

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

Olof

You won’t get this error if you install using the Toontrack Product Manager application.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Jamie Galea
    Participant

If my computer is not online or behind proxy (School computer) how can i install this?

John

If my computer is not online or behind proxy (School computer) how can i install this?

I would install the Product Manager on an online computer to log in and download your products. Once finished, I would transfer these files via external drive or USB stick to the offline computer and install the Product Manager there as well.

Then put the downloaded files from the online computer to the Downloads folder for Product Manager on the offline computer.

Now when you click to download those products, the PM will first scan the Downloads folder and find them before attempting to download them.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

richard01
    Participant

I would install the Product Manager on an online computer to log in and download your products. Once finished, I would transfer these files via external drive or USB stick to the offline computer and install the Product Manager there as well.

Then put the downloaded files from the online computer to the Downloads folder for Product Manager on the offline computer.

Now when you click to download those products, the PM will first scan the Downloads folder and find them before attempting to download them.

BR,

John

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

ramonfarron
    Participant

@elad zabinsky said:
    hi
    I use macOS Sierra 10.12.5 https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/config-file-error-install-ezkeys-fusion/domyessay.today/solutions

Hello,

I had the same issue with EZDrummer2 – the same error message. I registered the Serial number but when I was trying to install the expansion pack, I got this error. The only solution for me was to install via the Product Manager application.

Scott

@elad zabinsky said:
    hi
    I use macOS Sierra 10.12.5 https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/config-file-error-install-ezkeys-fusion/domyessay.today/solutions

Hello,

I had the same issue with EZDrummer2 – the same error message. I registered the Serial number but when I was trying to install the expansion pack, I got this error. The only solution for me was to install via the Product Manager application.

• The post has been modified 4 years, 7 months ago by ramonfarron
      4 years, 7 months ago by ramonfarron"> 3 times, last modified 4 years, 7 months ago by ramonfarron.

Do you have multiple accounts? You don’t have any products registered to your account at this time.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik Kuosmanen
    Participant

Hi!

I have the same problem with Superior Drummer 3. I just got the program installed and Library Part 1 but when I try to install other parts comes Error.

I have tried to download components again but it did not help.

Config File Error
    Could not read updater config file.

Henkka

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    Scott

Hi!

I have the same problem with Superior Drummer 3. I just got the program installed and Library Part 1 but when I try to install other parts comes Error.

I have tried to download components again but it did not help.

Config File Error
    Could not read updater config file.

Henkka

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)

Please see this thread regarding library installation on Catalina.

Cant install on Catalina

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik Kuosmanen
    Participant

When will add-ons be upgraded to Calina compatible?

MR.EDWIN
    Participant

yea “make your life easier”  my as

mclilly
    Participant

I get a message that says “failed to read file”.  The file opened fine a few minutes ago, then suddenly it won’t open.  Every other files opens.  It is an EZdrummer file. In properties, it says the file is 0 bytes.

Operating system: Windows 10
    Scott

I get a message that says “failed to read file”.  The file opened fine a few minutes ago, then suddenly it won’t open.  Every other files opens.  It is an EZdrummer file. In properties, it says the file is 0 bytes.

Operating system: Windows 10

Can you give us some more info? Are you trying to install? Or update? Are you installing from the Toontrack Product Manager? From looking at your account, the last thing you downloaded from Product Manager was at the end of June.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mclilly
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I am not installing.  I  am attempting to open a EZdrum file, that I was just working on, and now it won’t open.  All other files will open.  EZdrummer crashed when I was working on the file, now it says  it can not read the file, but I have been working on the file for a few months with no problem.

Mark

Scott

What do you mean “EZdrum file”? A MIDI Drum groove? A saved EZD2 program file in Standalone? Is it in a DAW project?

What version number shows on the EZD2 interface? If you’re using a DAW, what one?

Can you attach the crash log of if there is one? Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.