Cocktail EZX available?

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Hi,

I’ve downloaded the Cocktail Kit using the Product Manager but it is not showing up in either EZDrummer2 or SD3.  Is it still compatible with them?  The only alternative appears to be to uninstall EZD2 and install EZ1 as the Product Manager says they can’t be installed side by side.

Ha – forget my idiot question.  I hadn’t installed it!  (Thought that the Product Manager had, but it hadn’t and I needed to do it manually). All working fine.

Andrew
    Participant

I’m having trouble with OS X Catalina and installing the Cocktail Kit.  When I click on the downloaded file in Product Manager, I get the dreaded icon of the installer with an X through it.  Is there a workaround?

quartiermusic
    Participant

Hello

I own EZD2. How do I get the cocktail drum kit?

Scott

Hello

I own EZD2. How do I get the cocktail drum kit?

It was only released bundled with EZD1. It was never ported to EZD2 as a separate expansion pack for purchase.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Graf Werno
    Participant

Hi Scott,

the installer of Cocktail EZX doesn’t work on Catalina 64 Bit? Correct? Is there a work around or a manual way for the installation?

Thanks, Gunter

Graf Werno
    Participant

Hi, I did it by myself, thanks

Mike Anderson
    Participant

You did it yourself?

HOW did you get EZX Cocktail manually installed on OS X Catalina?

If there is a way to do it, could you please tell me so that I can do it as well?

Thanks so much!

pangyre
    Participant

Please, I’m stuck on Catalina too and really miss the extra drum kit. I tried manually moving around some of the files but I’m apparently doing something wrong or the OS X extended attributes are wrong or something.

System popup when trying to run the installer: “Installer” needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information. [Learn More…] [OK]

Thank you!

permutable_fields
    Participant

If you were able to install Cocktail in MacOS Catalina, please share with the community how you did so. It’s not well received if other’s are experiencing the same difficulty and you do not share your solution.

I am in the same boat; EZX Cocktail will not install because it is a 32-bit application and is not compatible with Catalina (64-bit only).

Clicking the “Learn more…” button in the “‘Installer’ needs to be updated.'” message takes you to: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436 and states:

Apple’s transition to 64-bit technology is now complete. Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS. If you have a 32-bit app, please check with the app developer for a 64-bit version.

I would like to see a statement from Toontrack about what the plans are to have this kit available for Catalina.

Thanked by: Tomas Eklund
    henry_jekyll
    Participant

Same problem here. I’ve tried to copy the “EZX_Cocktail” Folder from “Content” folder in installation files to my HD, but it doesn’t show up in EZ Drummer.

Is there a way to do it manually?

henry_jekyll
    Participant

I did it!!! 🙂

Here is the manually workaround:

• Copy folder “EZX_Cocktail” from “Install/Contents” to “Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer”
    • Don’t know if necessary, but I did it also: Copy folder “04@EZX_COCKTAIL” from “Install/Contents/Midi” to “Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/Midi”

Works fine for me! Finally I’ve got my beloved COCKTAIL KIT back 🙂

• This post was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by henry_jekyll.

Thanked by: beatzart, lafitte olivier and Alexandre Vilela
    Phenix 2
    Participant

I don’t find cocktail ezx but I am sure I played with its “new version” some months ago

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

Alexandre Vilela
    Participant

It worked for me.
    Cheers!

Guy Rowland
    Participant

Huh, just stumbled on this. In fact it doesn’t live under the Update tab in EZD1 (at least not for me), it was hiding in EZD1 Downloads, under Extras.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.