Can I use EZ drummer for any song regardless of the key?

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

This is a matter of taste, what genre you are writing drums for, what sounds you use for the kick etc.

One example can be if you produce EDM (electronic dance music). Then the kicks are often quite long, and have a distinct tone in them (usually a 808 kick). Then it’s common to tune the kick, since it will otherwise create a disharmony. You can use the tune knob in EZdrummer 2 (click the small arrow on the kick) – or use a tuning software in your DAW.

My personal preference is, if the kick has got a ringy tone, I tend to tune it to the song key.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

armansrsa
    Participant

@Henrik said:
    This is a matter of taste, what genre you are writing drums for, what sounds you use for the kick etc.

One example can be if you produce EDM (electronic dance music). Then the kicks are often quite long, and have a distinct tone in them (usually a 808 kick). Then it’s common to tune the kick, since it will otherwise create a disharmony. You can use the tune knob in EZdrummer 2 (click the small arrow on the kick) – or use a tuning software in your DAW.

My personal preference is, if the kick as a ringy tone to it I tend to tune it to the song key.  

songwriter music. reggae, acoustic guitar type stuff

Stephan_8
    Participant

The best way to deal with this situation is to disregard the key and simply go by how well it sounds in the mix.

Mike_21
    Participant

Is there any way to make EZbass compatible with MacOS 10.6.8?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.