can I install SD3 on an external drive?

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • JimJeffrey
    Participant

I understand that I can install the sound libraries on an external drive but can I use the same drive for both of my computers at different times? I have my studio computer and a laptop. I’d be nice to have all of my sound libraries on one drive to switch between computers. I assume this is possible and probably a very obvious question but thanks for answering!

Craig Reagor
    Participant

Can I download the additional content to and external drive, but keep the main library on my internal? I want to be able to just plug in my laptop and play, but I down want to have all of the additional room mic’s taking up storage on my computer if I can run that externally.

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)
    John

Hi,

you cannot split a library across several locations. You can, however, install a main and a backup location where you e.g. install the minimal setup in one and full or additional bleeds in the other.

SD3 will then look in both locations and if one isn’t present, the other one will be loaded.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

metalborn
    Participant

Can it be on a flash drive??

John

Yes

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Leland Chemay
    Participant

i can’t find words for how important this feed is. toontrack MUST do a detailed set of videos on this. it is the single greatest impediment to using toontrack. please, soonest.

Operating system: macOS Big Sur (11)

Thanked by: m.a.z. and Sean Crosson
    m.a.z.
    Participant

Does the read/ write speed matter much on an external drive?   I am running a Mac laptop 2020 on Ventura 13.0.1

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
    • This post was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by m.a.z..
Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.