Audio failed?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott

How are you running EZD? In which DAW? In Toontrack Solo?

If you’re using Solo (the standalone application for TT samplers) an ASIO soundcard is required for audio playback. The Realtek is not an ASIO supported soundcard.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Robert Cox
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Scott. That answers that! Yeah, I’m running it in Toontrack Solo. I gotta get a soundcard, then. In the Toontrack Solo window, when I click on audio and scroll down to Audio Device…I do get, “No ASIO device available” Any recommended soundcards you’d steer me towards?  

Scott

I personally use an RME soundcard.

There are plenty of offerings by RME, M-Audio, MOTU, Tascam, and EDIROL to name a few. Which one you choose depends on price range, features you need, and number of I/O required (digital, analog, etc.)

If you can give me some more info on what your needs are I might be able to guide you a bit more.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Robert Cox
    Participant

Scott, you da man! Thanks, again. I’ll look into those brands. My needs are basic. I’ve been recording with SONAR 1 for years, finally upgraded to SONAR 6 XL. A friend recommended EZDrummer, he uses it and gets killer, pro sounding drums with it on his songs. For me, I record live guitar and bass, live vocals, and maybe some synth sounds at home on my HP PC. Nuthin’ fancy needed. How about an external sound device? 

Scott

OK, for your needs (live guitar, bass, vox) I’d look into the http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FirewireSolo/ (I’m not recommending Sweetwater, it’s just where I found the info). It really seems to be made for the singer/songwriter/player…and has ASIO compatibility.

As for external sound devices. In this day and age, I would really recommend getting a small MIDI keyboard and buying some VSTis. You can go soooo far with it now that anything really external is so much more of a hassle than it is a help. Depending on your budget you can get something like NI Kontakt and a small keyboard added to your EZDrummer VSTi and be golden. The only limit would be on your end of things (playing, songwriting, etc.) and you wouldn’t be held back by technology.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Robert Cox
    Participant

Thanks, bro. This gets me going. I appreciate the help!!!

Chastity198
    Blocked (Banned)

A friend recommended EZDrummer, he uses it and gets killer, pro sounding drums with it on his songs. For me, I record live guitar and bass, live vocals, and maybe some synth sounds at home on my HP PC. Nuthin’ fancy needed.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.