ATV SD3 Preset Cymbal Choke

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Olof

In what way are chokes not working? You can’t get any choke at all? What is shown in the Analyzer part of the Settings window when you choke a cymbal?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Mike_Olson5
    Participant

Right – no choke at all.  Works fine in Addictive Drums 2 and Steven Slate Drums 5.

monitor
    analyzer

Olof

I see the aftertouch value is 48. It must be at least 65 to trigger a choke. Is this something you can configure in the kit so it sends a greater aftertouch value or does it depend on how hard you press the cymbal?

Coder

Mike_Olson5
    Participant

Looks like it’s always 48.  Unfortunately the aD5 doesn’t have a way to change that value.

Olof

Hm okay. We’ll look into making a solution for this in an update.

Coder

Thanked by: SkepticToon
    Henrik
    Participant

Looks like it’s always 48.  Unfortunately the aD5 doesn’t have a way to change that value.

Are you using SD3 in a DAW? In that case, maybe we can help you in the meantime with a solution for the aftertouch problem…

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Olof

Another question – after the 48, does the kit send a 0 (zero) value, immediately or when you release the cymbal?

Coder

Mike_Olson5
    Participant

It doesn’t appear to send anything after the choke.  I’m using the standalone version, but I do have Studio One that I could use.

sperho
    Participant

Hi!  Are there any updates on ATV module compatibility? Personally, I have an xD3 module instead of an AD5, but I’m hoping that ATV uses similar MIDI protocols for both modules.  Thanks.

Olof

The next SD3 update should have solution for this! It’s currently in beta testing so it’s not very far away.

Coder

Thanked by: sperho
    sperho
    Participant

The next SD3 update should have solution for this! It’s currently in beta testing so it’s not very far away.

Thanks! Will the changes affect both the xd3 and AD5 or just the AD5?

Olof

I’m not sure if the AD5 preset is good for xd3 too but if it isn’t, you should be able to do the necessary changes and save a new preset.

Coder

Jorg
    Participant

Any updates on this? I too have the xD3 module and I have no choke, the module sends 48 as well and there is no way to change the value on the module.

Olof

The SD 3.1.5 update is out now and it should solve this.

Coder

Thanked by: SkepticToon and Jorg
    Jorg
    Participant

The SD 3.1.5 update is out now and it should solve this.

Yes, it’s working now, all cymbals choke, thanks a lot!

Thanked by: Henrik
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.