One day only: 17 classic EKX expansions at up to 40% off!*

Are the MIDI clips labeled to identify them later after they’ve been dragged to DAW MIDI track?

Studio Corner
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

You can search for any MIDI by dragging it to Tap2Find, even MIDI files that comes from Toontrack, to locate what pack they come from.

If you have a daw that lets you drag and drop the MIDI from the DAW straight to Tap2Find, that’s the easiest way to do it.
    Some DAW:s won’t, however, let you drag the MIDI from the DAW’s MIDI tracks to anywhere else – the desktop, nor into EZdrummer 2’s time line.

In that case: record arm EZdrummer 2 (press the record button beside play and stop below the song track). start your host to record 1 or 2 bars of the MIDI you want to locate. Once that is done, drag the MIDI (on the EZdrummer 2 song track) you just recorded to Tap2Find. You should see the original MIDI in the top of the results – as long as you haven’t edited the original MIDI too much.

Ask again if my instructions wasn’t clear enough 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

alexis
    Participant

@Henrik said:
    You can search for any MIDI by dragging it to Tap2Find, even MIDI files that comes from Toontrack, to locate what pack they come from.

If you have a daw that lets you drag and drop the MIDI from the DAW straight to Tap2Find, that’s the easiest way to do it.
    Some DAW:s won’t, however, let you drag the MIDI from the DAW’s MIDI tracks to anywhere else – the desktop, nor into EZdrummer 2’s time line.

In that case: record arm EZdrummer 2 (press the record button beside play and stop below the song track). start your host to record 1 or 2 bars of the MIDI you want to locate. Once that is done, drag the MIDI (on the EZdrummer 2 song track) you just recorded to Tap2Find. You should see the original MIDI in the top of the results – as long as you haven’t edited the original MIDI too much.

Ask again if my instructions wasn’t clear enough 🙂  

Wonderful! I believe my DAW (Cubase) allows me to Drag and Drop, if not I’ll try your other way.

Thank you so much!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.