Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Any chance of “EZ Guitar”?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Ken Kasriel
    Participant

I’d bet there is a big market for something with the sampling quality of Orange Tree Samples’ guitar products and the playability of RealGuitar. Add Toontrack’s talent for making things “EZ” and I bet you’d have a winner

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

Yes!!! cast my vote for EZ Bass!!!
    I play guitar but am not confident in my bass playing or tone.
    I have bought and use EZDrummer, EZKeys and SuperiorDrummer.
    I am a huge Toontrack fan and own many of the EZX’s and SDX’s.

wagzisnotadrummer
    Participant

I also cast my vote for EZ Bass, but really I don’t want the samples. I already have Spectrasonics Trilian. What I’d like is actually a library of common patterns, walks, and runs/fills played by a real bass player and categorized by style in the MIDI format. For me, the samples part is already more than covered, but let’s say I want a Reggae bass part in a song…it would be so nice (and EZ) if I could just surf through my library of Reggae bass patterns to find a part close to what I want and just drop that in. I guess that what I am asking for is really EZ Bass Songwriter’s MIDI. I need a pack that will include several variations from many genres. The biggies, for me, in order, are Bluegrass(think upright), Folk, Soul, Country, Blues, Reggae, Funk, and Jazz. This is a product that would tremendously speed up the songwriting process for me. I am primarily a guitar player. The things that take most of my time when writing are Drums, Bass guitar, and Keys. Guitar is not a problem. So, I don’t vote for that. I would gladly pay top dollar for a EZ Bass Songwriter’s MIDI library.

In fact, you guys could take this as far as an EZ Sessions MIDI library. In this case, you could capture a real core rhythm section (Bass, Drums, and Keys/Guitar), playin selections (together in realtime), organized by Genre , and released in MIDI format.

I would definitely like to buy an EZ Bass Songwriter’s MIDI library or an EZ Sessions MIDI library. This brings me to my third idea, which is EZ Songwriter. I have been using a program called Chordpulse for a while. http://www.chordpulse.com/info.html It does what I’m talking about with my MIDI ideas, but it sounds like quantized midi files and doesn’t have an extensive chord library. It would be a hit if Toontrack did something akin to this, but with the EZ Keys and EZ Drummer formats combined(or have the programs speaking together), with parts played by real players. I would buy that. Toontracks products are so much easier to use than something like Band in a Box, too. I know because recently, in an attempt to find a piece of software to speed my songwriting process, I tried Band in a Box . It was bloated, ugly looking, software with what I ultimately decided was not a user-friendly GUI/layout. I think you guys should consider my EZ Songwriter idea. I haven’t seen anything like this for PC and I think Toontrack could create this product, help fill a need in the marketplace, and make lots of money with it. It wouldn’t even be hard(for Toontrack guys) if you used the Ez Keys and Ez Player layouts as the core and considered all existing Toontrack products as more or less “expansions”.

Sorry, I just woke up and happened to read this thread. I’m kinda in a “I have a million ideas” songwriter mode ,right now.

http://soundcloud.com/blackdaddywarbuxxx

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

ORIGINAL: wagzisnotadrummer
    I also cast my vote for EZ Bass, but really I don’t want the samples. I already have Spectrasonics Trilian. What I’d like is actually a library of common patterns, walks, and runs/fills played by a real bass player and categorized by style in the MIDI format. For me, the samples part is already more than covered…

Interesting & timely. I have been exhaustively researching Spectrasonics Trillian.
    I love the samples and videos showcasing it being played but I could not find any mention
    whether there was any MIDI included with the product – only a mention of an Arpeggiator.

Wagz, Can I assume from your post/request that Trillian does NOT include any MIDI?

esh.

wagzisnotadrummer
    Participant

Correct. It doesn’t include any MIDI. I wish it did. Although, I think I’d prefer a Toontrack EZ Bass instead. I really like the Toontrack layout and workflow. It’s…EZ.

Oh yeah…I would be fine buying the module including the samples as long as there are some McCartney-ish Viola basses, upright basses, and hollowbodies with flatwounds, and Fender Precision Bass sampled in multiple velocities round robin with mic’d amp(Like an Ampeg BR15r) and D.I. perspectives.

http://soundcloud.com/blackdaddywarbuxxx

Gary Stephens
    Participant

I think I ended up kinda responding to two threads at once here, sorry. the “Pre Packaged Song Production and Mix” thread.

I would find such a product interesting, but not really useful. Seems like it would be too much tedium to make the instrumental riffs and licks match my own songs, timing, chord changes, etc. Easy for me to say because I play keys, guitar, and bass. I love my Toontrack stuff because I never learned to play drums. When all they had to do was offer us an almost inifinite variety of rhythmical patterns, Toontrack’s efforts were timely and to the mark! But throwing in parameters of keys and chord progressions and pitches on top of infinite timing variations, wow! That would be monumental.

The big problem I run into being a do-it-all-myself “computer musician” who can only play one instrument keys or guitar at a time, is when people ask me to play my songs live! Now what do I do? If there were 5 or 6 of me then yeah I could put a band up and play the tunes. (or if I could persuade 4 or 5 other talents to learn all my tunes, I’d love to do an all original band!) But there doesn’t seem to be much lure for hearing a lone axe slinger play along with his own canned backing tracks.

So if Toontrack did manage to pre-package the entire song writing and production process into a push button turn key operation so easy that (in the words of Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott) “a chimpanzee and two trainees could do it” then what happens to real LIVE music?

Music is the universal language! Let's communicate!

amoebastrike
    Participant

Request to Admin: Please delete the Prepackaged Production Thread. Thanks.

@soundchaser59 – It’s my bad, I got the post wrong. Fizbin got it right. I’m not actually looking for an “EZ Song Production”. I was thinking of an “EZ Template” with SD2 already inserted and Ezmix2 inserted to the rest of the tracks. You would still have to write/structure your own song though. Easy now peeps. Just a thought not a sermon.

Juicy
    Participant

We don’t want no Milli Vanilly to be going round .

Bane*
    Participant

+1 for an EZGuitar. The decent sampled guitars out there aren’t EZ or cheap for a pianist like me…

Reasonably priced I’d buy it in a snap.

Juicy
    Participant

Yeah,it would not work the same as EZ Keys though.
    Plucked notes are not quite the same as Rhythm Guitar parts,Believe me it’s not the same thing.
    With scripting and switching and the right sampling you would get close,Anyhow thats my opinion.

elwoodblues1969
    Participant

Yeah…it’s obvious that a VST guitar program can’t emulate every nuance of a guitar,but for those of us who would like an alternative to ElectriCity for the Kontakt sampler,it would make a great many folks happy and drawn in legions of new Toontrack enthusiasts.

digi11
    Participant

I have used Real Guitar and Real Strat prior to 64 bit Protools 10 + and now I use Prominy V-Metal and SR5 Rock Bass along with using ToonTrack products like EZkeys four essential pianos, Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer2, EZ Mix2 Top Producer 6 pack etc. I like the ToonTrack ease of use for song writing and work flow. I would also like to see an EZ Bass and EZ Guitar (electric and acoustic) added to ToonTrack products line.

Bryan Block
    Participant

As far as playing rhythm patterns along with your project, the best “EZ Guitar” software VST that ever was, was Virtual Guitarist 2 which has LONG been discontinued. That said, the sample sets and VSTi’s today are FAR more realistic and offer lots of nuance…the big challenge is to play/program them well, which in many cases is NOT easy.

That said, the best ones I’ve tried recently have been Native Instrument’s FUNK GUITARIST and Impact Soundworks SHREDDAGE 2.

The thing to keep in mind is that you can’t always go by the name of a product and think “that’s not for me” – Funk Guitarist is simply a clean strat, but it has a huge library of chords and you can customize the chords and rhythms however you want. This makes it a good fit for pop, rock (if you run it through your favorite amp sim) or other styles – but it DOES take some WORK to get on with the interface. It’s an amazing instrument, but like most VSTi’s they are kind of designed for keyboard players (IMO) – and they require some concentrated MIDI editing on the back end for everyone else to make use of the keyswitches, velocity levels, and performance nuances that the instrument offers.

Shreddage offers DRY samples, so you can re-amp them any way you want. You want hard and heavy or clean and chorused? Just run it through your amp sim or effects chain of choice. Although Shreddage IS targeted for straight ahead heavy rock rhythm playing – you can adapt it to other styles as well…with enough work ;-)

Some very affordable solutions can be had at Indiginus Sample Libraries. Their acoustic guitars have “strum engines” and overall you can get some good results with them, but in place of keyswitches, they are velocity layer switches.

The bottom line is that you can take the SAME MIDI information and play 4 different guitar VSTi’s and get completely different results depending on how the instruments are programmed. There is no real “easy” solution for virtual guitars, all of the current solutions will require patience, MIDI programming, and time invested in understanding the features of the individual virtual instrument.

Bass would be a LITTLE easier, but real bass players (I am a bass player) do a lot of ghosting, mutes, sliding, slapping the fretboard when closing their hands, etc. And some virtual basses offer all of that – the Scarbee models for KONTAKT are exceptional…but you have to program them correctly to capture all of that. – it’s AVAILABLE in the instrument…but simply playing a line on a keyboard won’t give you that – notes have to overlap for slides and hammer ons, etc… velocities have to be right, etc… but for fundamental lines, an “ez bass” might be a possibility with the right sample set/vsti. Broomstick Bass USED to be a decent little VSTi for that sort of thing, but it was discontinued like Virtual Guitarist. :-(

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

Bryan Block
    Participant

For those looking for “EZ Guitar” – it looks like Native Instruments has answered your prayers:

SESSION GUITAR:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/session-guitarist-strummed-acoustic/?content=2963&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SESSION%20GUITARIST%20STRUMMED%20ACOUSTIC&utm_source=newsletter

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

Diego5150
    Participant

I have session guitars, cool program but somewhat limited. EZGuitar would be excellent if it was anything like EZDrummer.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.