Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Allen Morgan Presets, Enola-Snare-Sound

Studio Corner
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Martin

Allen is actually here in Sweden right now, so I’ll ask him tomorrow when I’m at the HQ.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

ruleband
    Participant

Hi Martin,

that’s cool! Thank you (and Allen!) for your help.

By the way, your products are outstanding. Great work!

Marcel from Germany

Martin

Hi Marcel,

Are you referring to the snare when the song kicks off, or just the three first snare hits before it starts? Allen didn’t have the session with him, but he thinks he used the Euro Rock preset. He also recalls that he used an extra sample on the snare to get it even bigger. He even offered to send it over so you could use it yourself and see if you can recreate that snare sound.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

ruleband
    Participant

Hi Martin,

listening to the song intro again and again I think it’s an additional sample like Allen said.

It sounds like a pistol shot put over the euro rock snare. I love that!

So it would be sooo cool if he could send the sample over to me!

Thanks to you and Allen for your fast help! I will post the result …

Just used Allen‘s EZ Mix Presets. Great!

Marcel
    marcelrobbers(a)me.com

Martin

It’s a clap sample. Allen is on the plane back to L.A. as we speak, but I’ll give him a call when he’s back and we’ll get you that sample.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

ruleband
    Participant

Thanks Martin!

Cool. I just can’t wait to use it and share my results with you and the forum …

Marcel

ruleband
    Participant

Hi Martin,

did you get the sample from Allen?

Just drop me a short note … Thanx!

Marcel

Robshi
    Participant

Hi

It’s great that Allen is happy to send the sample but it does highlight an issue which I think needs to be considered with regards the sample songs for all products. It seems to me misleading to use additional samples in the example songs for any products as customers are led to believe the presets will produce those sounds.

Surely it would be more transparent to only allow the sample songs to be made using only toontrack fx included in the product for the drum track. Otherwise we could be hearing UAD or WAVES stuff etc and think that is the sound we can get out of the box. As quoted above Allen added the clap sample to get it even bigger but that highlights the preset alone can’t get it that big (something a customer should be aware of before parting with their cash).

I love toontrack so this isn’t a flame just that I think it’s important that things are kept transparent to ensure customers know what they are paying for. I even wonder if it could be considered unfair adverstising?

Rob

jgro002
    Participant

I agree with what Rob has said above.

It is quite hard to judge what one is getting when purchasing the presets based on listening to the demos when the demos may or may not be a true representation of the sounds you are actually guna get.

All that said, the presets are excellent.

Jeremy.

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

ruleband
    Participant

Hi Martin,

did you get the sample from Allen?

Would be cool if you could send me the sample soon …

Thanks for your help!

Marcel

ruleband
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I am still in need of that sample, you wanted to share …

Or just give me a hint how to get that snare sound from the demo out of SD.

Thanks for your support,

Marcel

Martin

Hi Marcel,

I sent you the sample way back, on April 11th actually. I have sent it once again to the address which your forum account is wired to.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.