Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Alesis DM6 latency with Toontrack Solo

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • peter
    Participant

I had this issues I had protools setup prefect But when i used EZDrummer i got the same issue
    SO Make sure your using the right audio driver in EZD,.ASIO is standard but you should check your options and see what works

if setup right there should be no real issue.

protools 10, 2/yamaha DTXpress III, 20 odd guitars

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

If you’re wanting to play the drums in real-time using e-drums I’m 99% sure the problem you’ll be having is because you’re using an internal/proprietary soundcard. Basically you need something that will support ASIO (like some applications need video cards support Open GL etc) you can get hold of free generic “ASIO4ALL” drivers which can sometimes help, but if you’re new to this setup then its potentially something that can confuse the issue.

ASIO will allow you to get to nice low latencies, drummers seem to like anything under 128samples so around 2-3ms. I would look to get something nice and cheap, running firewire or USB2.0 there are plenty of things available second hand just check the driver support for your current OS before putting any money down. M-Audio/Edirol/Focusrite are brands off the top of my head which have pretty good all round features, driver support and have budget offerings.

After that, is the processor in the laptop only a single core? Either way dual-core should be the min, expecially when you start running a few FX etc on the drums and the kits get larger.

Is the OS you’re using 64bit? If not you’ll probably want to look into setting a memory switch to force a bit more useage of the ram by applications.

HTH

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.