Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Alesis DM10 setting midi signals for EZDrummer 2

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • John

@stahoo said:

John,
    any news on this ?

Hi guys,

a fix is coming in the next release. I have no ETA, though.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

vladmir
    Participant

I bought the Alesis DM10X a few months back, then I started working in Cubase and I had all kinds of midi issues. I have been playing drums for 40 years, gave up on midi in the C64 days, got Roland edrums in 93 and promptly bashed out all the sensors and said, “enough of the edrums”.

Being a computer engineer of 30 years recently figured the time was right to give it another try thinking all the issues are surely worked out and of course found out the contrary, especially with the Alesis. Midi config & mapping was the obvious issue since I learned Alesis has a non-standard (proprietary) midi implementation. What? Alesis was a questionable choice but it was made so I had to fix it since they couldn’t and would not even respond to inquiry. No more Alesis products for me.

I knew my best shot was SD2 since midi mapping was obviously the problem with Alesis and SD2 had a beautiful set of midi tools and sounds. First, I have read that there is supposedly an ‘Alesis’ option in SD2 (I have the latest – 2.4) but I don’t have it in mine so here is what I did:

My first and most complex issue was the Hi-Hat mapping so I tried the Yamaha, no go. Then I tried Roland and the Hi-hat worked!!!! Now the most complex problem was solved!

From here it was just basic mapping. I went into the DM10 and wrote down all the midi notes of each of the sensors and the rims. Then I went into SD2 mapping and entered them as well as deleting any existing mapping. I added 2 xdrum cymbals just so I could have the kit visually representative of my layout because I have tom1 rim as tom1 and the rest of the rims as extra cymbals.

I had to tweak some crosstalk and the only remaining issue is the ride bell which I believe is a problem on my ride sensor since it always seemed less than optimally sensitive and is actually sending different notes than the DM10 module says.

Bottom line is I am pretty happy with the mapping and now I am ready for some SDx’s.

vladmir
    Participant

What a newbee. I see the question was EZD, not SD2. I bought SD2 to map the pesky DM10X and its goofy non-std midi implementation. Next time I will buy Yamaha, but for the money the Alesis is nice. Sounds like you have spent $150 in time, might as well get SD2 and have the cadilac! ;)

stahoo
    Participant

@John said:
    Hi guys,

a fix is coming in the next release. I have no ETA, though.

Thanks John .. much appreciate it!.
    I will be out for 3 weeks now but if you’ll need some (open or not) beta testing I am ready to help ..

Michael Burstein
    Participant

HI : I am a newbie on this forum. I just bought the Alesis DM10x on Tuesday. I printed out the midi layouts for my fav kits that I bought for EZD2 (EZX). Unlike SD2 there is no way to change the midi #’s or note names to match up on the DM10 module. I can go into the DM10 module and change them, but some of the triggers are set to the GM #’s and note names. How can in detail get the kits to works when I am recording in PT11. I need a detailed fix for this problem. a video would be helpful as well . Thanx in advance. mike@lakeviewwebdesign.com

How do you get a drummer to stop playing? Put a chart in front of him. ha ha ha

John

Hi,

please install the latest 2.0.2 update and select ‘Alesis’ E-drum Preset.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

nejus
    Participant

Can you give me the exact update URL, i all ready buy EZDrummer , but i cannot find that update on my panel.

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

( https://www.toontrack.com/my-products/ )

Click on your EZDrummer2 icon and then click on “UPDATES”
    Download and install the updates available for your product.

ezd-updates.jpg

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

to access the updates for your EZX expansions not shown by default on the My Products page,
    users may have to click on the “Show ALL EZDrummer Products”

Screen-Shot-2014-10-04-at-12.59.33-PM.png

nejus
    Participant

HAHAHHA, i find it !1, nice, ill try it now !, thanks :D

pacorreto
    Participant

I’ve a Alesis DM10 Studio with Logic Pro X. The mapping setup is ok, but when I stop the crash cymbal with my hand in EZ Drummer sound the kick.
    How can I change that?

Thanks.

John

Hi,

which version number is displayed in the plugin interface?
    Is your DM10 @ Factory Settings?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.