One day only: Up to 20% off all individual EBXs for EZbass!*

One day only: Up to 20% off all
individual EBXs for EZbass!

One day only: Up
to 20% off all individual EBXs
for EZbass!

Adding drums after a song is recorded

Studio Corner
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John Fitzpatrick
    Participant

I really think you will need a tempo map but how you go about that I am not sure as it will depend on your DAW.
    If you have Toontrack ezplayer pro then you can synch the  ezdrummer with your Daw. You will have to read the manual. Its easy to do once you have tempo setup and works 100%

Scott

I’ve done this type of thing using a ‘live’ performance (sans click) and Cubase. I then went through and created a tempo map by hand…one measure at a time.

I can be done with some time and patience.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

zazelsodo
    Participant

Drumtracker: http://www.toontrack.com/

I believe it’ll convert your live audio performance into a Midi file with Tempo information in it. You can then use it to convert the live performance to any other ToonTrack EZX, or add additional midi information.

Rogue

that is not correct, Drumtracker can derive no tempo information from audio, not even a drum track… that is just not what it is for 🙂

… like Scott said, it can be done manually, and isn’t really complicated to do with a bit of practice, it is just a matter of zoning in on a relatively close tempo match and making sure you follow any drifting bar by bar. Once that is done, you can use pre-constructed MIDI and touch up timing for certain notes to match other instruments.

If you have a MIDI bass though, you should really have started by building a tempo map before sitting down and program it, as this will likely be a problem at this point, unless you commit that instrument to audio. Well, I’m not sure how the bass was programmed of course…

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

norrie
    Participant

If by chance you are useing Sonar you could audio snap everything to time 😉

Then get your drums down then fiddle with it a bit more ?

Just a thought

Norrie

Windows 7 (64 bit ) Intel I7 930 12GB OCZ Gold Sonar 8.5 Producer VS700r VS700c Superior 2 / MF/NY EZ mix Roland TD-20

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.