Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

A question for the ToonTrack team……. sort of a product request Idea for you!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant

You want to import your own sounds into Superior?

Platinum Samples
    Participant

Try Beatstation.. it’ll let you load your own samples and trigger them via MIDI

Rail

Professionally Recorded Multitrack Drum Samples
    http://tinyurl.com/26k2xjo
    www.platinumsamples.com

norrie
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten

You want to import your own sounds into Superior?

Basicaly yes!

If I could it would be a dream come true to use superio with samples of my own gear 🙂

Norrie

Windows 7 (64 bit ) Intel I7 930 12GB OCZ Gold Sonar 8.5 Producer VS700r VS700c Superior 2 / MF/NY EZ mix Roland TD-20

norrie
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Platinum Samples

Try Beatstation.. it’ll let you load your own samples and trigger them via MIDI

Rail

Really ?

I had no Idea that was what that program was for or I would have bought it when it forst came out!!!!

So I could record samples of each bit of my kit then triger them all useing a controller for eg my TD20 ?

I am off to look at the reviews etc right now

Thanks so much for the quick reply

Norrie

Windows 7 (64 bit ) Intel I7 930 12GB OCZ Gold Sonar 8.5 Producer VS700r VS700c Superior 2 / MF/NY EZ mix Roland TD-20

norrie
    Participant

Hmmmmm

Beat station at first look isnt that pleaseing to the eye not that that matters though because its all about the sound

I would be interested to hear of any one who has done what I am looking to do but useing beat station and perhaps let me hear something

Is there any videos out there of any one knows of that show beat station doing what I would like to do

Could I use beat station in with SD2 for instance have my samples them put for instance on each biot of the kit then play it like I would normaly ?

Sorry about all the questions

Also thanks for all the help

This has me very excited to know I might be able to do what I have dreamed of 😀

Norrie

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: norrie

I would be interested to hear of any one who has done what I am looking to do but useing beat station and perhaps let me hear something

I’ve done it.
    It isn’t as fully featured as Superior though.
    You can stack samples on each pad, but at present you can’t velocity switch them.
    Beatstation will load any WAV’s, so I’ve sampled drums at 24bit, 96Khz. Beatstation also reads other Toontrack midi straight away. So you just launch Beatstation, copy your Toon midi file to the track and edit out any bits you don’t want (like the hi-hat part for instance).
    This set up basically works like a very fast and easy to use drum replacer, enhancer if you start with something like Superior and want to add your own sounds on a second channel (aka Beatstion).
    The other bonus with Beatstation is the suite of fx you can use on your own samples (bit crush, reverb, eq, compression etc…)

norrie
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Whitten!

This sounds interesting

I am guessing the velocity control wouldnt be a huge problem though as I am useing sonar producerd 8.5 soon to be X1

So I could just sort the velocity out in the PRV and randomize it a bit make it sound more real ?

Norrie

Whitten
    Participant

Velocity works in Beatstation.
    I’m just saying you can’t currently switch the actual samples, based on velocity information.
    Superior picks suitable samples based on the velocity info coming in to each drum.
    So if you had 100 bass drum samples, sampled at different velocities, Superior chooses which sample to playback.
    You have a maximum of 5 sounds for each pad in Beatstation. They stack and all play simultaneously, they don’t play back individually based on velocity.
    To load a single bass drum sample of your own into Beatstation and have it trigger every time a bass drum is played in Superior is super easy though, and very quick to achieve.

norrie
    Participant

Hey whitten

That sounds like the tool for me

I coud just edit my velosity in PRv after I have done my playing and make it sound more realistic but still have my sounds 😀

I am excited 😀

Norrie

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.