Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

a decent synth ??????????

Studio Corner
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • godprobe
    Participant

http://www.kvraudio.com/

a sample KVR search… (doesn’t work as a proper link on this forum, so copy/paste)
    http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=results&st=adv&soft%5B%5D=i&type%5B%5D=37&type%5B%5D=1&type%5B%5D=5&type%5B%5D=34&type%5B%5D=42&type%5B%5D=57&type%5B%5D=24&type%5B%5D=47&type%5B%5D=92&type%5B%5D=35&type%5B%5D=48&type%5B%5D=30&type%5B%5D=2&f%5B%5D=vst&win=1&free=1&com=1&sf=0&receptor=&de=0&sort=1&rpp=60

and KVR’s listing of the top 10 Windows Instruments (many are synths) as rated by users…
    http://www.kvraudio.com/plugin-ranks.php?show=10&os=2

try not to drive yourself crazy with all the options

WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/

Mattias
    Forum Crew

Beatstation is great, take a look at it, it can do so much and is the ultimate EZ sounddesign tool: http://www.beatstation.com

You have a sampler built in so you can add any sound and make into a synthesizer, just drag and drop any sound on to the bass or lead pad (or drum pads of course) and it will become a playable synth (or drum sampler), + there are 100’s of synth sounds built into it.
    This is a GREAT addition to EZDrummer! I promise!

Mattias Eklund - Toontrack
    Head Of Sound Design

Whitten
    Participant

Actually yes, Beatstation is very easy and can integrate well with other Toontrack products.
    One of the most powerful and easy to use softsynths is Omnisphere by Spectrasonics.
    It has a vast library and many users just use it as a preset machine.

Other than that, check out KVR for threads as suggested above.

billshideler
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Mattias

Beatstation is great, take a look at it, it can do so much and is the ultimate EZ sounddesign tool: http://www.beatstation.com

You have a sampler built in so you can add any sound and make into a synthesizer, just drag and drop any sound on to the bass or lead pad (or drum pads of course) and it will become a playable synth (or drum sampler), + there are 100’s of synth sounds built into it.
    This is a GREAT addition to EZDrummer! I promise!

I just purchased Beat Station and would REALLY like to know what types of sounds are supported using drag and drop. And how and where you are supposed to drag and drop them from……..

I use PreSonus Studio One Pro for my DAW, which supports drag and drop function within the DAW browser.  Additionally, S1 has a ton of wav samples that I want to use with Beat Station….

As far as I can tell, there is also no way to route BS ( like there is in EZ Drummer)….Unless I am missing something? 

BTW, I sure wish Toon Track provided better documentation for using the products.

TIA

OK……I figured out I can use the stand alone version and drop wav files there, edit them and save them in my user folder.  Then they will show up in BS in my DAW….Pretty convoluted way to use my files though…and the lack of routing (ala EZ Drummer) is really disappointing

Texas Willie

Rogue

you should be able to drag recorded sounds right from Studio One into the Beatstation browser or pads… if that’s not the case then please open a support topic in the appropriate section and we may be able to suggest causes that may prevent drag and drop to work.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

a decent synth?  wow, thats a very subjective question.  for me, i could find nothing decent in the soft-synth market except for Omnisphere… amazing and the only one worth buying that is strictly software-based… for $500 thats a huge steal because it has the million dollar sound… but everything else sounds paper thin.

I went through the Native Instruments line too and its all total waste of money.

But i also decided to go buy a Virus TI due to its capability of acting as a hardware-based plug-in as well.  

Whitten
    Participant

I thoroughly recommend Omnisphere too.

Har Maes
    Participant

The same here, Omnisphere is a very cool synth!

Intel i7 5820K - ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 - NVidia GTX660 - 64Gb Vengeance DDR4-2133 RAM - RME Fireface 400 - 64-1024 - 48KHz - Fractal Audio Axe Fx III - Windows 10 Pro 64-bits - Cubase 10 Pro - http://www.harrymaes.com

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

ORIGINAL: FarBeyond

a decent synth?  wow, thats a very subjective question. 

Actually, I am officially retracting that line and changing it to ‘Objective’.

Scott

^^^^

I think you were right the first time…

Subjective means an opinion colored by the speakers views.

Objective means a completely unbiased statement that is factually verifiable.

We are talking ‘art’ here…which is a very subjective subject.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

dthgtr
    Participant

If you really want to try out an incredible free soft synth this is the one.http://www.home.no/gunnare/

The Minimogue va is a Mimimoog knock off that is absolutely amazing.Best of all it is FREE.
    If you don’t like it,delete it.
    However,I believe that anyone who tries it out will thoroughly enjoy it.

I know many are skeptical of freeware but this is an exception.Like I said,you can always delete it.

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Native Instruments Vapour, ReFX Vanguard, USB Extreme FX, NI Absynth 5, Heavyocity Evolve, and Zero G Phaedra are just a snippetof my “go to” synths, but as mentioned before Omnisphere is a great synth…

Regards

David @ VOLiTiAN

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Scott

Subjective means an opinion colored by the speakers views.

Uhh, ok. Sure, i guess in terms of style of music, genre, that kind of thing.  But lets not put that in the same category as quality of however that art was recorded.  That part cannot be subjective because the hi-fi-ness of the sound – the fidelity – is based on the quality of the equipment. 

great music can be done on poor quality equipment for rough tracking.  But any well done music deserves premium sound to let it shime most effectively.

Objective means a completely unbiased statement that is factually verifiable.

We are talking ‘art’ here…which is a very subjective subject.

Ok so then please do research the DSP, programming, and algorithm-related facts about Omnisphere and those of NI Massive. The facts on the engines will verify what the better quality synth is.  And you also pay for what you get – actually Omnisphere is worth over a grand based on its quality so it is a steal at $500.  Massive is suitably priced.

So just clarifying that I never said that the musical style nor genre was objective at all. Again, in no way did I indicate  objectivity there – if one wishes in other forms of art too to compare a single streak of red paint across a canvas and put it in the same league as something by DaVinci, they can be my guest.  But as for the quality of the paint used – perhaps it might have a bearing on the saturation of the color, or smoothness of stroke… im not sure, I am not a painter, but i am sure higher end painters prefer higher quality materials for their works..  but similarily, as for audio, you can’t compare a minimal DSP-eating soft synth like Massive with a high DSP intensive synth like Omnisphere.

Just like there is no way one can put a guitar modeler like GR4 in the same leagues as the Axe FX.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

I totally agree with what your saying to an extent, but without opening a huge can of worms, technology’s advances has meant exactly that, you CAN purchase premium quality synth in software and if it’s coded right then it can be cheap AND still maintain a leading sound.

There is the other aspect which pertains directly to Omnisphere, in that this synth was particularly special due to the samples they’d used and hw they were obtained, so people were paying for a great engine PLUS the very individual samples, but it’s not to say the omnisphere engine surpases all others, i mean in terms of just sheer processing things like NI Absynth or FAW Circle do hold their own very well indeed…..

Also there is the very subjective topic that would dictate, WHO defines who or what sounds good or a higher quality? The recording arstist who’s done a few tweaks and found “their sound” and so the marketing machine kicks off? The mastering engineer who’s reveered by his peers tries one brand and therefore we’re used to hearing what is “cutting edge” and by default wanting it? It’s even down to the speakers the room and ears the price the UI the compatibility, everything dictates our perception of a plugin, the chances are you might recommend a smaller synth more often because you couldn’t believe how much value for money it was and how much you’ve used it? There are alot of specs on the market and admittedly there are going to be specific benefits (S:N Ratios etc) but it almost comes back to the can you “hear” 24bit? You don’t get that *response* when it’s not valves, that saturation doesn’t sound very analogue…. everyone has their preference and what works for them, the key is really finding the programs weaks spots and how much they hinder things for you, and don’t even get me started on Yamaha NS10’s hehehe

Regards

David @ VOLiTiAN

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.