6/8 metal beats

Studio Corner
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Butter Buns
    Participant

that first one looks exactly like a skank beat of which there are many in the dfh midi library and the LOTE libraries. these are not to your liking? i assume you’ve manipulated the midi loops in ez player pro? i think you can stretch out the loops to fit whatever amount of beats you need. you can also set the time signature as well i believe.

mark coglan
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

The skank beats are still 4/4. I looked all through the new LOTE and everything is 4/4 on there. There is some 3 to one blasts on either the new pack or the first one, which I will use because I need the blasts as well, but everything else is 4/4. Some of the swing stuff actually sounds pretty close, but still, I cant find those basic beats.

As for EZ player pro, I played around a bit, but I dont really know what I am doing. I spent an hour or so hitting buttons and tweaking stuff, but still no dice. You can change time sigs, but the beat is still a 4/4, it is just over a 6/8 grid. If you can actually change the beats, I dont know how to do it as the instructions leave a bit to be desired.

I should mention that I am actually looking for far more than just those few beats I was talking about. I am looking for a whole library of 6/8 stuff, not just the 3 basic beats that I mentioned. I just put those because any library that has 6/8 stuff in it should have those as well and at the very least, I need those. They are about as basic as you can get. Does Odd Grooves have anything like that? Anyone know?

Thanks again for trying to help.

mark coglan
    Participant

I am going to post this in the Studio Corner part of the forum. Maybe I can get some more people to see it.

Butter Buns
    Participant

if you dont find the loops you’re looking for you can always program from scratch. you should check out renoise. if you want an example of what can be done with renoise and s2 check out agoraphobic nosebleed’s latest album agorapocalypse. really really good drum programming on that album

mark coglan
    Participant

Thanks, I will check that out. I am also going to mess around with EZ player a bit more. Maybe I can figure something out. Also, I think Odd Grooves is coming out with a metal pack, so maybe they will have some 6/8 stuff in there (hint, hint, hint, if your reading)

Platinum Samples
    Participant

Perhaps you’ll find something you can use in our Bobby Jarzombek Metal MIDI Library:

http://www.platinumsamples.com/ps/BobbyJarzombekGrooves.php

Cheers,

Rail

Professionally Recorded Multitrack Drum Samples
    http://tinyurl.com/26k2xjo
    www.platinumsamples.com

mark coglan
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up. I had never heard of this. Unfortunately, accordingly to the beats list, it looks like all 4/4 beats. Still, I may have to check this out. Cant have too many metal beats!

And, vincenizzle (and anyone else who might be reading this and wanting 6/8 beats), I was able to use EZ player to make my own 6/8 beats. It is a little bit time consuming, but the beats sound great, so thanks for letting me know about EZ player. I would never have thought of using it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.