2nd Install w Libraries on External

Product Manager
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dee
    Participant

I’m dealing with the same process.  My area has atrocious DSL download speeds, so any details about proper order of steps to avoid re-downloading (or overwriting anything important on the external where libraries currently exist) are appreciated.

This thread suggests that the original downloaded ZIPS must be present in PM’s Download Location folder to avoid re-downloading upon reinstall: https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/changing-programs-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/page/2/#reply-posts

In my case, the ZIPS from my older Superior purchases are still there, but not newer ones, suggesting that the newer ones were installed through PM, and I chose to “clean up” after install was finished.

So, I’d like to add the following question to the topic:   Is it correct that for anything I’ve downloaded and “cleaned up” after install, I will have to re-download (incl. SDX, EZX, Midi, and EZMix packs), and to save time in the future, I should not clean up after installing through PM?

Operating system: Windows 10

Thanked by: Dustin Koester
    John
    BEST ANSWER

Hi,

you do not need to re-download nor re-download the SDX Library/Libraries. Please download and install the SD3 software only. After installation, you launch the SD3 standalone and go to Settings > Libraries / Paths… and then click ‘Add Library Path(s)’, where you browse to and select the ‘SL-Xxxx’ folder in question.

Alternatively, you can go to the Details of Part 1 of the Library in the Product Manager, click the ‘Installation Info’ tab and then add/change the path via the small drop-down menu to the right.

Now, MIDI packs (and EZmix packs) are so small, they always install to the system drive unless you have e.g. custom installed EZX:s -your ‘EZHOME’ location- to an external location, then the Toontrack MIDI will also be installed there..

If that’s the case, you should be able to install the latest EZdrummer 2 update, then launch EZD2 and point to this external location. Alternatively, this location can be added/pointed to when you scroll down to ‘Additional Libraries’ in the SD3 Settings > Libraries / Paths…

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Dustin Koester and Dee
    Dee
    Participant

Thanks John, that is indeed how it went for me with the SDX reinstall process.

(For the Superior Drummer 2 users following the thread:)  It was different for me reinstalling the EZXs, since I don’t own SD3 or EZD.  I was able to point SD2 to the EZX libraries, and authorize them inside SD2, but Program Manager still showed that they weren’t installed or downloaded.  They might have worked that way, but I wanted to stay up-to-date in PM going forward, so I did have to re-download those libraries.  Not nearly as big a hassle as it would have been to re-download the SDX libraries.

Operating system: Windows 10

Thanked by: Dustin Koester
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.