The Rock Solid EZX features a collection of modern drums perfectly suited for anything from classic rock to modern metal. It was recorded at the renowned Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, Canada by one of the most prolific engineers of the last two decades, Randy Staub. Randy has worked with A-list clients back to back for the past plus 20 years, mixed groundbreaking works like Metallica’s “Black Album”, Mötley Crüe’s “Dr Feelgood” and honed the sound for artists like Nickelback, Bon Jovi and Alice in Chains. Randy is beyond just an award-winning mix engineer, he’s helped define the sound of a generation.
With its three complete kits, the extra snares, bass drums and its large collection of cymbals, it’s painfully obvious how the Rock Solid EZX is every bit as leveled, in your face and bold as its title sets it out to be. When you hear the almost unreal sonic qualities in this recording, you will know why there’s no understatement in saying that these drums add a new dimension to the word heavy. Now, let there be rock.
• Three complete kits, a large collection of cymbals, extra snares & kicks
• Recorded at the Warehouse Studio, Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Engineered by Randy Staub (Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Nickelback)
• Sampled by Ryan Vikedal (ex-Nickelback)
• Included MIDI library
• Ayotte Custom 18×22″, fitted with Powerstroke 3 Clear (batter) and Powerstroke 3 Ebony Resonant (front)
• Ayotte Custom 18×24″, fitted with Clear Powerstroke 3 (batter) and Ebony Ambassador (front)
• Gretsch USA Custom 18×22″, fitted with Clear Powerstroke 3 (batter) and Powerstroke 3 Ebony (front)
• Ludwig 1960s 14×20″, fitted with Powerstroke 3 Clear (batter), no front head
• Ayotte Keplinger 6.5×14″, fitted with Coated CS Black Dot (batter) and Hazy Ambassador (bottom)
• Ayotte Custom 4×13 Maple, fitted with Coated Emperor (batter) and Ambassador (bottom)
• Gretsch USA Custom 5×14″, fitted with Coated Black CS Dot (batter) and Hazy Ambassador (bottom)
• Ludwig Black Magic 8×14″, fitted with two Coated CS Black Dot (batter) and Hazy Ambassador (bottom)
• Jeff Ocheltree Spirit of 2002, 5.5×14″, fitted with CS Clear Dot (batter) and Ambassador (bottom)
• Ayotte Custom: 8×12″, 9×13″, 16×16″, 16×18″. All fitted with Emperor Clear (batter) and Ambassador Clear (bottom)
• Gretsch USA Custom: 7×10″, 8×12″, 14×14″, 16×16″. All fitted with Emperor Clear (batter) and Ambassador Clear (bottom)
• Dunnett Titanium: 8×12″, 16×16″. Both fitted with Coated Emperor (batter) and Coated Ambassador (bottom)
• Zildjian New Beat 14″
• Zildjian Mastersound 15″ (top)/ New Beat 15″ (bottom)
• Zildjian A Custom 19″
• Zildjian A Custom 18″
• Zildjian K Dark Crash 18″
• Zildjian Medium Crash 20″
• Zildjian K Constantinople 22″
• Zildjian Avedis 22″
• Zildjian Oriental China Trash 14″ / Zildjian K Medium Dark Crash 18″
• Zildjian K Splash 10″
• Zildjian K China 17″
• Zildjian China High 16″
1.2 GB of free hard disk space, 1 GB RAM.
A working EZdrummer 1.4 or a Superior Drummer 2.3 (or above) installation.