MikeAnblips
Participant
Topics Started: 1
Replies Created: 2
Has Thanked: 0
Been Thanked: 0
Hi Olof
OK thanks. I think the main message is: use EZ and looper as VST under a DAW if you want to have them synchronized.
I’ll try that route 🙂
Cheers,
/M
Hi Olof,
thank you for your reply and yes, I am using EZ’s trial version to test my ideas out.
I cannot really understand your answer, probably because I am too noob to all this. When I ask and you reply:
>>…whether EZ has this capability, i.e. to receive MIDI clock
> No, EZdrummer will not sync to a MIDI clock.
>>…start/stop signals from another MIDI device.
>Maybe. That is totally untested as far as I know. Those signals
>usually don’t make it as far as EZdrummer when it runs in a host.
I am a bit puzzled, because *when EZ runs in a host*, to me, means “when EZ is used as a VST plugin, in a DAW”.
Now, I am not totally sure my interpretation is correct, but if it is, then I would say that *for sure* EZ receives bpm, sync and what not *from the host*.
Any other plugin, our looper for instance, *when working as VST* inside a DAW, *is* totally and fully in sync with whatever other plugin is present as module managed by the DAW.
So I am not clear as to what you mean when you say that “those [MIDI sync/start/stop] signals don’t make it as far as EZdrummer when it runs in a host”.
I hope you are patient enough to explain this noob. 🙂
Cheers,
Michele
What I said at the beginning is that for my purpose I do *not* want, nor need, to switch a full DAW on just to run a coupla loops with nice grooves.
Missed the deal?
Don’t forget to select
your free product!
The free product is included with
your purchase.
Your cart is empty.
Get all the latest on new releases,
updates and offers directly to your inbox.
Note: By clicking the 'I WANT IN' button, you will not be creating a Toontrack user account. You will only sign up to get our newsletters, offers and promotions to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time from a link at the bottom of each email. If you want to learn more about our privacy policy, please find detailed information here.
