Karl Sanders
Participant
Topics Started: 2
Replies Created: 9
Has Thanked: 0
Been Thanked: 0
Hi Mike – I have been quite happily making song demos for about a year with SD2 –
at first I was doing the drums first ; but now quite successfully recording the guitar parts first.
I use a simple click in Sonar – and I make sure that the guitar track is recorded bang on the beat , with exactly the right feel I am going for.
When I want to add the midi grooves, the way I do it is to make a loop of whatever part of the song I am working on – like 2 bars or 4 bars of
a verse/chorus/whatever , and let that keep looping while I click on different midi grooves in the browser window.
It soon becomes super easy to tell which grooves will “feel” right with your guitar parts , and which fills are going to
be the right ones. This way its easy to make the drum part fit the guitar , instead of the other way around.
Cheers !
Missed the deal?
Don’t forget to select
your free product!
The free product is included with
your purchase.
Your cart is empty.
Get all the latest on new releases,
updates and offers directly to your inbox.
Note: By clicking the 'I WANT IN' button, you will not be creating a Toontrack user account. You will only sign up to get our newsletters, offers and promotions to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time from a link at the bottom of each email. If you want to learn more about our privacy policy, please find detailed information here.
