Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

YAMAHA DTX700 WITH SUPERIOR – KICK PAD SENSITIVITY ISSUES

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John

Hi,

please try tweaking the Velocity Curve on the Mapping page.

S2-VelCurve.png

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

stevenp_1
    Participant

@Adam Stanley said:
    Hi all

I’m having sensitivity issues with my e-kit and Superior. The kick in particular doesn’t respond well to anything other than hard hits. It picks up all my notes, but anything other than really big hits are registered with very low velocity, prompting a load of editing.

Also, I can’t play with my normal finesse because I’m overcompensating for how hard I have to strike each surface.

Any tips for a noob would be much appreciated – I’m trying to go for good takes rather than editing the heck out of my songs so that I don’t sound like a rank amateur!

Thank you.  

Had this same problem with my new DTX760 kit with the KP100. It was all fixed by upgrading the firmware to v1.10. The new firmware has a startup that lets you selectthe proper kit for pad settings. I think the default on the old firmware is for the KP65 kick pad, which seems to be mroe sensitive, etc.

djbobcat1
    Participant

I am using SD3 with a yamaha dtx900…I am using a newer rolland trigger on a junior acoustic kick drum..Have used SD2 and slate and AD2 without issue..However with SD3 I cannot get the kick louder than a 124 velocity which kinda takes the umph out of it..Got my module maxxed out..Any idea’s? Thanks..

Henrik
    Participant

Try setting the velocity curve in MIDI In/E-drum Settings, so it makes your kick go all the way up to 127.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

SandiG
    Participant

Hey Toontrack,

I am loading EZdrummer 3 in my garageband for recording my edrums on an mp3 drumless track. The stand alone Ezdrummer 3 works fine. But when I use it as a plug in the sensitivity is too high with my Alesis strike pro. Each stroke is coming out as 2 strokes. Please help.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.