Wishlist

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Nathan
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Staley

Hi

Here is my wishlist regarding future Toontrack releases:

Superior 3.0
    – Reverb plugin integration

But SD has got reverb -real reverb, the way proper drum mixes are made! I only use synthetic reverb on (eg) a snare if I want a particular effect. Don’t you use the ambients? Wasn’t the “room sound” the point of some of these SDX libraries?

(I haven’t actually got round to using anything beyond the pans, routing and level faders on my SD mixer).

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

jgro002
    Participant

I think the suggestion of reverb in the mixer is a good idea!

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Nathan
    Participant

…but a reverb to stand up to the SDX recordings would have to be good. Could TT pull that off without too much of a price hike.

As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve not touched any of the FX in SD. If they spend money in this area, it’s wasted on some users (but I’m old-school, I still use TC and Lex hardware outboard with my DAW).

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Coryd
    Participant

Danny Carey……..yes please! 

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

pimenta
    Participant

Platinum Samples packs: Andy Johns and Jim Scott is all I need.

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

Juicy
    Participant

Cant imagine Mr Grohl giving the time and needing the money.
    Thats also like asking M J to do a Vocal Samples cd.Or The Edge to do a Gtr samples cd.
    That aint ever fo’ sale.
    One good thing about the music Biz is when you make it and your still on top ,you really are,on many levels,untouchable.
    What about Taylor Hawkins isnt he just an Awesome Energy,I really dig What FF represent in the world today.

Charlie Watts he might be a goer.

Butter Buns
    Participant

just gimme some midi parameters! christ on a pogo stick! midi parameters plz…

Scott
    Participant

+1 on the Platinum Samples. Love the Evil Drums.

Staley
    Participant

Toontrack staff; any possibility that you might post teasers regarding upcoming releases Q3Q4 2011?

Thanks

myron
    Participant

How about a Yamaha Maple Absolute recorded by Amir ?estlove Thopmson!!!

M1 Mac Mini • 16GB RAM • OSX 14.2.1 • UA Quad • Logic 10.8 • Kontakt 7 • Toontrack SD3

Coryd
    Participant

I’ve heard that the Yamaha Maple kits sound really good!

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Tom
    Participant

Wishes:

– Ability to insert drums from any kit in the corresponding space in the kit, not the x-drum way (which, of course, could still be there for special purposes).

– Integration of Jamstix inside Superior 3, (Not the other way around). Maybe it could exist somewhere in the groove tab?

– Improvements to the authorization system, so it is not dependent on external hardware you happen to plug/unplug.

notstewart
    Participant

Yeah I doubt someone like Grohl would have time. He’s still recording and touring.
    Someone like Stewart Copeland may be more of a candidate.

I would like to see improvements on mic assignments. It still confuses me, and appears that you have to add an X-drum before you can reach the mic area (unless I’m missing something).
    I edit in the midi section of my DAW, but it would speed things up if I could do it right in Superior.

“Ability to insert drums from any kit in the corresponding space in the kit”…that would be fantastic!!!

Other then that, I’m quite pleased with this software.

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

notstewart
    Participant

Well, back again about mic assignment.
    In the next version would it be possible for the mic assignments to have it’s own tab. An easy to reach area that with one look you can see what mic is doing what and also be able to turn it on or off right there?

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

Martin

Hi guys,

just dropped by to let you know that we really appreciate all your feedback. All the features you’ve mentioned so far is definitely worth looking into, as well as the names of the drummers you dropped. As a huge fan of both Foo Fighters and Rolling Stones, I can only agree that Grohl/Hawkins and Watts would be insane. Think it might be hard to get them to find time from their ‘day jobs’, but you never know.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming! They are noticed.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.