Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Why Is Toontrack So Tight with Info?

MIDI Packs Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

We want to reward our paying customers with a forum where we can focus on them, and put all of our helping focus towards them. Many users are using pirate software, and it would take time and resources from us to focus our attention to our paying customers – which are the ones that deserves our help. This is why we have the pre-sale forums, and other open forums, where people can ask questions that are pre-buy related.

But it’s not without its downsides, and I understand your request – that it would be useful to have an totally open forum, where pre-buy questions can be answered.

I’ll add this as a feature request that we’ll take into consideration for coming updates of the forum!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• This post was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Henrik.
    Bezo winZ
    Participant

I get it, but I wonder how many potential buyers are discouraged by the lack of access versus the number of illegal owners being denied.

#2 suggestion, add a preview option before posting.

#3 allow posters to edit quoted material to highlight and/or delete (ir)relevant info.

SD3 v3.3.6, EZbass v1.1.7, EZkeys v1.3.4
    Studio One v5.5.2, Cubase v12.0.60
    3.6GHz Intel i9 iMac, 64GB RAM, OS 12.6.1

Thanked by: Gustavo De Beauville
    Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

But the manual for SD3 is available before purchase, isn’t it?

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Bezo winZ
    Participant

But the manual for SD3 is available before purchase, isn’t it?

I’ve since purchased, so I can’t say now, but I could not find that manual anywhere on this site prior to purchase. And not owning EZDrummer 2, I can’t find that manual on its page at the moment.

Hopefully Henrik will confirm.

Henrik
    Participant

#2 suggestion, add a preview option before posting.

Are there any special cases where you want to see what the post will look like?

#3 allow posters to edit quoted material to highlight and/or delete (ir)relevant info.

If you select a part, or the entire text, of a post and click Quote, then the selected part will be quoted. That feature is a bit hidden, so we should make it more visible somehow.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• This post was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Henrik.

Thanked by: Bezo winZ
    Bezo winZ
    Participant

Are there any special cases where you want to see what the post will look like?

All cases, but especially when I quote now knowing how to grab partials & split responses like this.

If you select a part, or the entire text, of a post and click Quote, then the selected part will be quoted. That feature is a bit hidden, so we should make it more visible somehow.

Sweet!

And I’m hoping you can provide some clarification in the Export and Import MIDI Layout thread.

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

The manual can be found towards the end of the SD3 product page in the shop.

Superior Drummer 3

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Bezo winZ
    Participant

@Olle, yes the SD3 manual is available. But EZKeys, EZDrummer and maybe others are not on the product pages.

I thought it was related to purchases, but the SD3 manual is available even when I’m logged out. The EZKeys & EZDrummer manuals are not either way, unless I’m missing something.

So I’m not sure why I couldn’t find the SD3 manual prior to purchase, but question stands for other products.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.