One day only: Up to 20% off all individual EBXs for EZbass!*

One day only: Up to 20% off all
individual EBXs for EZbass!

One day only: Up
to 20% off all individual EBXs
for EZbass!

Why are parts of the forum restricted to just "self-owned" products?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • redlogic
    Participant

+1000!

I’m in the same boat regarding upgrading from Superior 2 to Superior 3.

I thoroughly research my purchases before I buy.

It would be nice to be able to see what kinds of issues current users are facing as I research the upgrade.

I use an RME audio interface and I can read ALL the forums regarding ANY of their products.

I use Logic Pro from Apple and I can read ALL the forums regarding ANY of their products.

I own a fair amount of plugins by various manufacturers and I can read ALL the forums regarding ANY of their products.

What’s up Toontrack?

Macmini 2019 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback! I can relate to what you want to achieve here. I will bring this up for discussion, but there are many aspects to take into consideration here, one being the users who hasn’t paid for the software (as you wrote). We don’t, for example, want to use USB dongles (which can be a hassle to carry around). They often considered a “safer” system, but we chose not to use it, because we know that it makes the user experience worse for some users, so I guarantee that we try to make our systems as user friendly as possible.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• This post was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Henrik.
    Robert.Goble
    Participant

Thanks Henrik: The point I have to reinforce is that I am already a proven customer – I’ve made several purchases both on the EZD and SD side of things – so I’m already  shown that I will lay down my cash…. If you want to restrict the forum to non members, or non purchasers I get that — but to restrict verified customers from viewing forums pertaining to products they’ve yet to buy — this just seems ill thought out — you’ve put a barrier in front of me that makes it harder for me to make purchases — and we all know in sales, it’s your repeat customers who are more likely to buy stuff. Can you see how insane it is that as a registered EZD and SD purchaser (and EZX & SDX purchaser) can not view the MIDI packs forum?  THat’s just crazy.

And by extension — what are the chances that someone who bought SD or EZD is doing some recording — wouldn’t those customers be a PRIME pool for your EZ MIX products? or any of your other products? You really want to make it harder for me to find out about these products and what kind of experiences people are having with them?

My recommendation — registered users of toontrack products should have full forum access regardless of what product they’ve bought — I put my money behind Toontrack, and you inspire and reward my loyalty by opening up the forum gates and keeping me in the family. If I keep bumping into doors I’m not feeling part of the family… you want me to be part of the family.

Thanks for listening and for all your work on our behalf.  Regards. Rob.

www.thestairwayproject.com

Thanked by: wildcatdave71 and jonah66
    redlogic
    Participant

registered users of toontrack products should have full forum access regardless of what product they’ve bought — I put my money behind Toontrack, and you inspire and reward my loyalty by opening up the forum gates and keeping me in the family. If I keep bumping into doors I’m not feeling part of the family… you want me to be part of the family. 

THIS!!!

Macmini 2019 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

• This post was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by redlogic.
    redlogic
    Participant

Bump

Robert.Goble
    Participant

Just bumping this again — thought I’d click on the EZKEYS forum and see what people are asking and talking about EZKEYS — BOOM! Restricted to a pre-sale forum only……  Again — proven registered customer who has shown he will spend money on toontrack products ——- denied access to a forum for a product I’ve yet to buy (but am curious about). How crazy is that? Like I’ve got marketing and sales textbooks on my bookshelf that basically spell out all the reasons this is wrong —— just crazy.

www.thestairwayproject.com

curtisunit
    Participant

Suppose I might have an answer for someone who has a question about something that might pertain to both ez and sd. I was notified that I could not answer unless I bought sound libraries and or midi packs. I own a license for sd. It’s an undignified policy. They seriously need to stop choking the forums by trying to extort additional purchases for support. If TT wants to get paid then they should switch to a subscription model. I have the freedom to find another drum app. I may be doing that. This company is not the only game around anymore.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.