Where should Superior Drummer 3.vst be located?

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

The default VST path is Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

In Cubase Plug-in manager, check what path(s) it’s using for VST:s, and check those paths for the “Superior Drummer 3.vst” file

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Ok thanks.
    Actually it was a Cubase Pro – Plug-In Manager thing, I didn’t understand.
    One had to drag an drop the vst from one section to another in the Plug -In Manager, in order for it to show up as a Vst instrument, which was new to me.
    Anyway – now it’s working!
    Thanks.

Henrik
    Participant

Notice that if you move the VST from where the Superior Drummer 3 installer placed it, it can get troublesome to update Superior Drummer 3 – since it will try to update the VST in the original path!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Kingwozza
    Participant

Hey guys!

I’m having a similar problem and it’s driving me crazy.

Standalone works fine but Cubase isn’t showing the plugin. I’ve removed SD2 and checked and changed all of the file paths but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Scott

@Kingwozza said:
    Hey guys!

I’m having a similar problem and it’s driving me crazy.

Standalone works fine but Cubase isn’t showing the plugin. I’ve removed SD2 and checked and changed all of the file paths but still no joy.

Any ideas?  

What version of Cubase? Is it a 64-bit version? What is the path location shown in S3 standalone?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

rrosin
    Participant

@Kingwozza said:
    Standalone works fine but Cubase isn’t showing the plugin.
    Any ideas?  

Superior Drummer and EZDrummer place their plugin in a subfolder “toontrack”, which isn’t scanned from Cubase as default. You must add this folder manually to Cubase and rescan the VSTs for find it.

Regards Reiner

Kingwozza
    Participant

@Scott said:

What version of Cubase? Is it a 64-bit version? What is the path location shown in S3 standalone?  

I’m running Cubase 6, 32bit version, path location is library/audio/vst

I’ve checked the path in the plugin manager but it still doesn’t appear.

Scott

@Kingwozza said:

I’m running Cubase 6, 32bit version, path location is library/audio/vst

I’ve checked the path in the plugin manager but it still doesn’t appear.  

S3 is 64-bit only. You will need a 64-bit host.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gerard JACQUINOT
    Participant

Hello Toontrack,

Dans Samplitude prox4, en 64 bits. Windows 10

Problème: samplitude reconnait la version installée 3.1.7 de SD3 mais ne trouve pas la DLL pour les VST ?

Par contre, il voit la DLL de l’ancienne version 3.0.3 du 8/11/2017. Samplitude me demande de réinstaller l’ancienne version ??

Question: Comment je récupère cette DLL Version: 3.1.7 ?

Merci d’avance,

gerardjacquinot@sfr.fr

Cordialement,

Operating system: Windows 10
    Jeffriey
    Participant

Superior Drummer and EZDrummer place their plugin in a subfolder toontrack, which isn’t scanned from Cubase as default. You must add this folder manually to Cubase and rescan the VSTs for find it.

john snyder
    Participant

i fought for 2 days looking for where the pathway was at and…and no the sd3 standalone help pathway didn’t help either led me off to no where! .. finally i found it in none of the pathways that most folks said it was in c\programs\common files\VST3\Toontrack  ,    I didn’t change anything at 1st  let it go to the Vst , it wanted ,then the search was on.  finally i started to put the SD3 .dll    in all the vst files..and finaly ended up here.. C\program\steinberg\cubase elements 10.5 \VSTPlugins. never had any kind of issue like this with any software. hope this will help someone..GL

Thanked by: thegreens0725
    Gutowskis
    Participant

If you didn’t make a note of the VST install path during the installation, there is a way to find out where the plug-in was installed, in case the product comes with a standalone application: Launch the standalone, open its Help menu and choose Show Plug-In Path

• This post was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by John.
    thegreens0725
    Participant

John – I was fighting this for DAYS. I ended up dropping the .dll file into all of my previously routed VST path’s (probably 5 or 6) and it finally scanned and it’s working great. Thanks for the creative idea. Simple – but effective.

macmusica
    Participant

Ah so VST2 not “supported” although some VST3 do show up by using the VST2 Search Box at the bottom. How sly to try hide our Plugins and not perform even a thorough search on it’s own for the full Drive!
    So far I am feeling a lack of open friendliness and have seen a blog on a User with a ton of issues he suggested and they are just not here. Lots to be done! I’ve always found the lack of easy interface for the most simplest of jobs like dynamic velocity on Cubase just awful. It took them over 25yrs to get it added as it is now!

John

Hi,

if you move or copy the .dll file manually, you are actually breaking functionality. The Product Manager will not “know” where your moved/copied .dll files reside and any updates will not be performed. Other stuff can happen as well.

Please locate where the SD3 Standalone application finds its .dll file and point all other software to this location in the VST Search/Scan.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.