Where can I find the MIDI files that I just bought?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Scott Eshleman
    Participant

hmmmm…interesting predicament
    The Toontrack drum MIDI is formatted for and intended to be used with EZDrummer and SuperiorDrummer.
    I’m not saying that it won’t work with other virtual instruments or samplers as it has a foundation in GM.

You don’t give any specifics about your platform or operating system.
    I can only speak for a Mac implementation where EZDrummer or SuperiorDrummer has already been installed:
    That location (on a Mac) is:
    /Library/Application Support/EZDrummer/MIDI

I can’t speak to a Windows installation or any installation where EZDrummer or SuperiorDrummer hasn’t been installed first.

arvin_4
    Participant

I installed it on my mac. I just wanted to use it for Garageband. I have gone through most of my folders but I had no success. Did I miss something?

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

Alternately, you can find the MIDI within the Contents folder of the downloaded installation files by opening the disk image (.dmg)
    The layout of those contents are such that the EZD2 database uses to organize & index the MIDI by way of headers & tags.

arvin_4
    Participant

Now I can see it. It’s just in the contents folder. Thanks a lot Scott E. I didn’t notice it the first time. Everything seems to be in order.

Flabba54
    Participant

I did the same thing but I still can’t open the files in logic

Scott

I did the same thing but I still can’t open the files in logic

Toontrack drum MIDI packs work with EZdrummer, EZdrummer 2, Superior Drummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3 (optimized for 1 kick, 1 snare, 2 toms, 1 floor tom, 2 crash cymbals, 1 ride cymbal).

Which Toontrack sampler are you using the MIDI with?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Eagles
    Participant

Wow. I totally had the impression that they were MIDI files. Y’know, MIDI? If I had understood that they were proprietarily locked into their own software I wouldn’t have purchased them. Count me unimpressed.

Scott Eagles
    Participant

Scratch that previous thought. I picked up EZ Player Pro and now I see the light. Truly unique and creative tool that’s working great in my Pro Tools / Sampletank environment.

The drum midi files themselves are fantastic. Count me totally impressed. I’ll definitely be picking up more packs in the future.

Good job, Toontrack!

S.

Thanked by: Henrik
    bussongs
    Participant

Good afternoon

I have a Mac and EZKEYS I downloaded 4 midi packs and they do not show up on my EZKEYS Also when I open the as far as details it shows Windows not Mac

What am doing wrong?

Scott

Good afternoon

I have a Mac and EZKEYS I downloaded 4 midi packs and they do not show up on my EZKEYS Also when I open the as far as details it shows Windows not Mac

What am doing wrong?

Are you installing from the Toontrack Product Manager? If not, please do.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

evenian
    Participant

I bought a 6 pack of midi files. I don’t use EZD or SD2. I know the mapping isn’t the same, but I want to use them with addictive drums. I found the files that I downloaded, but none of them are .mid files. How do I access the actual.mid files so I can use them.

• This post was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by evenian.
    Briand Morrison
    Participant

I just bought drum MIDI files.  I can’t use because I am not using EZDrummer.  Can I get a refund?  Very wrong you are selling MIDI packs that aren’t MIDI files!

Scott

I just bought drum MIDI files.  I can’t use because I am not using EZDrummer.  Can I get a refund?  Very wrong you are selling MIDI packs that aren’t MIDI files!

You can contact Toontrack directly via the Contact Support button in the FAQ below and request a refund.

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-contact-support/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

HeavyStryker4130
    Participant

I just bought my first 6 pack of midi drums. I have EZdrummer 2. I’ve been using only ezx expansions from the start. I bought ezdrummer a decade ago. I read some info on here about midi packs being basically the same thing as ezx expansions. However, the midi didn’t appear in ezdrummer 2 like the ezx expansions. I installed them via the download manager. This is my first pack of midi files I’ve ever purchased so I’m unsure of how to use them. I just saw that they appeared less expensive so I figured I’d buy them after listening to the samples available. How do I locate them in ezdrummer 2 and use them to play guitar to and write songs as I do with the expansions? Or am I misinformed? Is that not possible?

nikkoguingguing
    Participant

I bought an MIDI pack bundle but when I installed, I cant seem to find the MIDI files

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.