when EZBass???

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Tom
    Participant

I don’t see any reason to have separate EZKeys, EZStrings, EZOrgan, EZBass as requested in this forum. All we should have is a common EZInstrument that will play them all.

Then enter a chord progression and use the same progression for several different instruments.

So what we will end up with is a Band in a Box, but split up in separate instruments for you to combine as you see fit. That is exactly what I need. In one song I may only need an organ, playing the other instruments myself and using Superior 2 for drums. In another song I may just need a piano and some strings. So single instruments that can be used directly in my DAW is a lot better than Band in a Box and similar programs.

Davide Pagano
    Participant

I don’t think it will happen. They have already create EZDrummer and EZKeys as separate products, so I think it’s more likely they will simply create a new series. I hope it will be EZBass.

Greg
    Participant

After playing with Ezkeys it would appear that the structure is already there for ezbass. For bass though it would be great to have a transition function to walk between parts as needed.

Intel 13900K, Windows 11 , Cubase Pro 12.0.50, Studio One 5.2.1.64495, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo x4 Thunderbolt, RME UFX – USB 96K, 64 sample buffer size, Radeon 570, 42″ 4k monitor

MIDI controller: Roland A-37, Jamstik Studio, MCU Pro + expander
    Drum Brain: Yamaha DTX 900, RHH135 hihat, 2 crash and 1 ride cymbal, 4 toms.

Jay Coover
    Participant

Analyzing a solo bass line out of context and determining chords is not as straightforward as analyzing a piano part and determining chords. There is this immediate difference. Also, bass lines tend to lead into the next chord melodically.

There are some possibilities, but there is no direct translation of the EZKeys engine to an EZBass engine.

You can already try this for yourself. Import any MIDI bass line that you like into EZ Keys, see how it analyzes what’s there, then tweak the chords, and see what happens.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Juicy
    Participant

Yep
    Not saying they won’t do it but , the following are only a part of what a bass does right ?
    This is not the same as a Piano Pluck or a Drums Hit, TT would need multi velocity

*Up & Down strokes
    *Picked
    *Fingered
    *Slapped
    *Muted
    *Hammer-ons
    *Slides
    *Harmonics

Then you have a D note on the E string or the same D note on the A string or the Open D.
    Scarbee and Trillian AU’s are not EZ they are actually complex, then you have midi with or without scripting and key switching, they would need to be very lucky to skim over all that stuff and still make it good.
    EDIT>i bet they have explored this ,if anyone could do it well with a moderate price it would be TT.

Davide Pagano
    Participant

ORIGINAL: fizbin
    Analyzing a solo bass line out of context and determining chords is not as straightforward as analyzing a piano part and determining chords.

It’s not that the idea. In my view, one should provide the chord progression (in the same way we do with EZkeys), choose the genres, etc… and EZbass should give back a bass line. This is NOT more difficult than EZkeys, on the contrary is much easier…

Jay Coover
    Participant

OK, give EZKeys a MIDI bassline and put in new chords. Try it yourself.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Davide Pagano
    Participant

OK, give EZKeys a MIDI bassline and put in new chords. Try it yourself.

Did you read “carefully” my post? Did I talk about “MIDI bassline”?
    I wrote “one should provide the chord progression”. Do you see the difference now?

WrayGun
    Participant

I realize that creating a bass instrument wouldn’t be an EZ chore, having witnessed Trillian in action. On the other hand, I think TT could produce something of quality that falls in between Trillian on one hand, and inserting notes on the piano roll in your DAW in and assigning the “slap bass” sound to them on the other. Surely there could be an acceptable middle ground, with low complexity and acceptable bass-sounding sounds.

In the meantime, I will continue to record my Jazz Bass to the best of my ability (I’m a guitar player, not a bass player), quantize the notes to the beat by hand, and bury it all in the mix. Currently, this is the best option I have, which is why I see a market for some kind of half-decent sounding yet playable bass instrument in EZ format. I think it would be a winner.

Davide Pagano
    Participant

ORIGINAL: WrayGun

I realize that creating a bass instrument wouldn’t be an EZ chore, having witnessed Trillian in action. On the other hand, I think TT could produce something of quality that falls in between Trillian on one hand, and inserting notes on the piano roll in your DAW in and assigning the “slap bass” sound to them on the other. Surely there could be an acceptable middle ground, with low complexity and acceptable bass-sounding sounds.

In the meantime, I will continue to record my Jazz Bass to the best of my ability (I’m a guitar player, not a bass player), quantize the notes to the beat by hand, and bury it all in the mix. Currently, this is the best option I have, which is why I see a market for some kind of half-decent sounding yet playable bass instrument in EZ format. I think it would be a winner.

I have Trillian. It sounds great but the problem is that you should provide the midi part to play, and that’s the problem…I’d like to see something like EZKeys, where the midi to play is given by the software once the chord sequence is provided. That simple 😉

mrdrums
    Participant

I would love this as well. Only I think the Ez bass would be far ahead of EZ piano because single notes
    are easier to edit than complete chord phrases.

Somebody mentioned Band in a Box. NOOOOO. Dont go there. Ezdrummer is far and away better than band in a box drummer, you can go into midi and get the drums to play exactly what you want to play. in band in a box you cant.

Ezdrummer should be the same. Little runs, phrases and melodies, but then you could go into editor and write in
    or simply cut and paste a specific bass parts.

What makes most band type softwares bad is the inability of them to give you anything but a boxed phrase.

I envision Ez bass kicking butt in that area, but Pleaseeeee, not another band in a box!

Jay Coover
    Participant

ORIGINAL: mrdrums

I would love this as well. Only I think the Ez bass would be far ahead of EZ piano because single notes
    are easier to edit than complete chord phrases.

Which is why I think that an EZBass is actually not as necessary as EZKeys. It’s better to create and edit your own bass lines. You could say the same thing about keys and drums, but it’s very possible to get realistic bass lines by quickly editing a single line, where it is extremely long and tedious to do so for keyboard and drum parts.

Far be it from me to tell you what you need though. Just my 2 cents.

Davide Pagano
    Participant

it’s very possible to get realistic bass lines by quickly editing a single line, where it is extremely long and tedious to do so for keyboard and drum parts.

please try to make a bass line for a jazz song and then let’s talk again…

mrdrums
    Participant

Yeah, but your buying the software to get the feel of the player. If you play a keyboard
    to play the bass, it’s just not the same. It’s not every hard at all to use keys to program drums,
    but you dont get the feel of a real drummer or the sound of the samples.

Bass is one of the hardest things to record well. it’s also a very unique instrument, playing it from a guitar players point of view is not professional bass playing.

If you had ezbass playing scales in a bunch of different rhythm patterns, plus a number of 8 bar prhases, it would be possible to cut and paste to get the bass to play what you want

mrdrums
    Participant

it would be possible with bass lines played in scales with numerous patterns, a number of chromatic phrases which maybe a manual could state what chord progressions work over it, and walking bass would be pretty easy.

It walks, and then you change the chord at whatever part there is a chord change, like ezpiano

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.