What to use to work the Tap To Find

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • revgsmall
    Participant

Anybody out there??!!!

John

Hi,

I’d recommend a small USB MIDI keyboard/controller, like e.g. the AKAI LPK-25, KORG nanopad or similar.
    The space bar is indeed for play/stop in the standalone.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

revgsmall
    Participant

That’s just it, the space bar on my computer keyboard doesn’t control the play/stop function. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Michael

Hi

Please post your computer specifications. Operating system name and version, CPU and RAM.

Just to be clear, it should be known that the space bar will not do anything in Tap to find. It will only control playback in the Songtrack at the bottom of EZDrummer 2.

Michael Sanfilipp - Toontrack
    Technical Marketing Coordinator

revgsmall
    Participant

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
    Processor Intel® Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz
    RAM 4.00GB (3.7 GB Usable)
    64 bit Operation System

Michael

I first have to recommend that you download and install the 2.0.1 software update for EZdrummer 2. This update is found in your account by clicking My account > My products > EZDrummer > Updates > 2.0.1

Please also let us know if you are referring to the Timeline in EZdrummer 2 or tap to find? As stated the space bar should not function in tap to find.

revgsmall
    Participant

I updated the software and if it improved the latency, it isn’t by much. It is still impossible to click out a accurate beat. I have a Realtek HD Sound card with their most current driver. I this perhaps not a good enough sound card?

My space bar still does not work and I am talking about just the timeline stop/play.

Michael

Professional audio ASIO drivers are required for low latency. You can find an ASIO driver here: http://www.asio4all.com.

AS for the space bar issue, have you updated to version 2.0.1? Does EZDrummer read 2.0.1 in the bottom Right corner of the EZDrummer interface?

revgsmall
    Participant

Yes it reads 2.0.1. I reinstalled it a second time. No difference, no space bar play/stop on the playback timeline.

I am going to try and down load the ASIO drivers. I’ve never done that before. Is it difficult?

I am awaiting an M Audio usb keyboard to see if it will make life easiert.

After I down load the ASIO driver. I’ll report back to you.

Thanks for your help.

gary small

Olof

@revgsmall said:

Yes it reads 2.0.1. I reinstalled it a second time. No difference, no space bar play/stop on the playback timeline.

Hi. Please check two things in the standalone to help us track down the problem:

1. The button to the left of the Song Creator button, does it say “Click” or “Follow Host”?
    2. Click with your left mouse button on the master volume control to the right of the Song Creator button, then try to use your arrow keys (up/down/left/right) – do they change the volume then?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

revgsmall
    Participant

We may have found the problem: I have no button next to the Song Creator button, just a blank spot. I see on your website that there should be a button there. What should I do?

Arrows do nothing to change the master volume knob, only works by using the mouse.

Olof

Are you by chance using “Toontrack solo” and not the “EZdrummer” application?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

revgsmall
    Participant

The download, loaded me up with shortcut icons Toontrack 64 and Toontrack 32. I assumed that is how I was to start the program. I can’t seem to finds how to access the “EZDrummer” Application.

revgsmall
    Participant

Just found the missing shortcut icons they were in the recycle bin.

Lord what a difference!!!! Space bar works, I have the click button. Latency is way better.

Not sure why or how the shortcut icons got dumped as I never took them off.

Is the “solo” what you activite when you are using a DAW?

Will still go and get the ASIO drivers and hopefully the M Audio 25 keyboard will make life easier.

Thanks for riding this out with me!!!!

John

Hi,

Toontrack solo is the application needed for standalone operation of Ezdrummer 1 and Superior 2.
    EZdrummer 2 has its own standalone application and will not function optimally within Toontrack solo.
    When you use a DAW, the EZdrummer 2 plugin (VST/AU/AAX/RTAS) is launched from within the DAW application.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.