What do stereo only users lose by not downloading the last three libraries?

Product Manager
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Lee Shapiro
    Participant

As many of the intro videos mention, you don’t neeed to have 11.1 surround sound to utilize the extra mics. Just think of them as extra room ambient mics. I’ve heard the differences of each mic, solo and in combination of other mics. And with the right amount of mixing of all those mics, you can come up with some great sounding live drums.
    Or even studio drums with a fatter sound.
    My recommendation would be is to download at least parts 1 and 2, and if you have the room add part 3 (the surround mics). Personally, I hate dry sounding studio drums. I always add a little reverb or delay for that live sound. But with these surround mics, I don’t think I’ll need to add any extra effects. I’ll be getting a very NATURAL live drum sound, without the artificial addition of efx. But that’s just my preference. The bottom line is, you can just get by with the first two Parts, the basic sound Library and the room mics library. I don’t even really bother with bleed so much because in the mix, you really can’t hear bleeds. Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by: mickmeanie
    Bill Greene
    Participant

Hey Lee?  could you help me?  I want to mix superior in the box, and bring it into my x32 console. Will it be one fader? or will I have to do it like keys and have lefty righty panned away from one another.

Operating system: Windows 10
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.