Volume to low on EZD2 using Roland TD17

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Jackot
    Participant

Hi James,

I have exactly the same problem!

I use de TD-17 pads to play EZD2 in Ableton. MIDI notes are transmitted via USB connection directly plugged into the computer. Indeed EZD2 is playing everything I play but not at the good velocities, all notes are too low…

I’ve checked everything into the TD-17, into Ableton, into EZD2 and even the Audio/Midi Setup into the computer. Unfortunately it doesn’t work and the MIDI notes are still too low about the velocities…

I hope somebody will help us, from my point of you it comes from EZD2 which does not receive correctly the velocity from the TD-17.

Sorry, I did not help you… Just asking for help me too.

Both of us may be more efficient…

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards!

Aurélien

mpfisher69
    Participant

Had the same problem on my TD-17, although with Superior Drummer 3.

There are two ways to solve this problem:
    1. Increase sensitivity of the trigger inputs on the TD-17 module. This will result in higher volume when you play your drums on their own (i.e. without EZD2).
    For example: default sensitivity for cymbals on TD-17 is 7 (if I remember correctly). I had to increase this number to between 9 and 11 to get decent sound.

2. Use MIDI presets and “translate” to higher velocities in the presets. This was possible in SD3, I’m not sure if EZD2 can do that.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,

Peter

Jorg
    Participant

Read the manual regarding the USB-Audio gain setting in the module….

mpfisher69
    Participant

It’s not USB audio gain settings. The problem is with the velocity of MIDI notes sent from TD-17 to SD3. Anyhoo, that’s solved now.

Cheers,

Mark Straub
    Participant

Bumping this for help with EZD2.

Cranking the sensitivity is not an option as it makes the kit unplayable.

John

Hi Mark,

if the notes coming from your module are low, then you need to use a DAW/host to adjust them. EZdrummer 2 does not have the capabilities like its bigger brother Superior Drummer 3 to affect the incoming MIDI to output.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

Bumping this for help with EZD2. Cranking the sensitivity is not an option as it makes the kit unplayable.

-> separated dynamic setting for each of the EZDr2 articulations included:  FIX link

( – separated dynamics : set single kit pieces/articulations to custom velocity curves! (this is a great benefit as it is not possible in EZDr2 by default). When using the FIX software settings for this, you won’t need to adjust module settings in order to change dynamic translation. Also, the vel curves provided with the FIX will be your custom curve: much more detailed (and can be completely different) than the available module vel curves. ) 🙂

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Mark,

if the notes coming from your module are low, then you need to use a DAW/host to adjust them. EZdrummer 2 does not have the capabilities like its bigger brother Superior Drummer 3 to affect the incoming MIDI to output.

BR,
    John

Hi ,

I have the same issue and upgraded to EZD3 in a hope this would resolve it. Doesn’t appear to be the case, I’ve tried increasing sensitivity on the TD17 which doesn’t help and obviously impacts play when not using VST.

Any ideas, or is it going to have to be an update to Superior Drummer 3 to try resolve?

Thanks,

John

Hi Patrick,

there is a big difference with EZdrummer 3, since you can edit MIDI Presets and save as your own. Start from the TD-17 Preset and tweak the Velocity curve for each instrument. When you are done, save as a User Preset.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

stevo333
    Participant

Hi John,

I’m having this same issue where hitting the TD-17KVX drum pads produces very low volume in the software. However, I’m using Superior Drummer 3. How can I solve this issue? Clicking a drum kit piece in the UI in SD3 sounds perfectly loud. But when I hit the drum pad on my Roland, it’s so low that I almost can’t hear anything. But when I look in the UI, it’s absolutely triggering the kit. I spent hours last night trying to get this to work properly. I appreciate your help!

Ryan Day
    Participant

Also having the same problem with the TD-17KVX

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.