Using Superior Drummer 3 to create Phantom Ambient Mic from Close Mic recordings

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hasse FX
    Participant

If I understand the problem correctly…

If you replace the drum with the corresponding sampled SD3 drum you will also be able to use the sampled ambient and leakage included with that particular SD3-drum. The result would be the same as if  the drummer had played on e-drums into SD3.

Henrik
    Participant

Is it possible to not only swap out the original drums with Superior Drums one for one, but also add/supplement/augument the close mic swapped out drums with superior drummer OH’s and ambient mic’s that are linked to the superior drums that have been used to swap with the original drums?

You can track the original drum performance, so that SD3 plays the same thing as the drummer.

If you mute the close mics, then you’ll only hear the ambience, e.g. augment the original drums with the room/ambience from SD3.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Ann Roche
    Participant

Hello Hasse FX and Henrik

Thanks for your replies and advice

sure i understand

sounds like just the thing for me, as i have my own project studio built around an isolation booth that is big enough to house a drummer

but which doesn’t have a particularly great natural reverb. however i can see how the close mic recording the drums and then using these multi track drums with superior drummer 3, should allow me to fairly realistically create half decent recordings

without the need of having to pay for a big pro recording studio, at least not at high quality demo level

yes, awesome

thanks

Justin

Thanked by: Henrik
    Henrik
    Participant

owever i can see how the close mic recording the drums and then using these multi track drums with superior drummer 3, should allow me to fairly realistically create half decent recordings

I know of several professional producers who uses this technique. They have access to really good sounding drum rooms, but sometimes they just want another kind of room ambience 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.