USB Interfaces/ASIO Drivers

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • jorgo stefani
    Participant

Hello TT-Team.
    I’m using the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface.
    Every time i want to open the “ASIO-Buffer Dialog” SD3 crash.
    I´ve tried some other ASIO-Drivers (Realtek-ASIO, ASIO4ALL, Roland)
    but still the same happens the “ASIO-Buffer Dialog” constantly crash SD3.
    In this state the Standalone Version is not usable because the default high latency settings are not changeable.
    Some facts:
    I have a perfect configured and latency optimized system (i7-7700k….) and all (i mean ALL) runs flawless – except SD3 in the StandaloneVersion.
    As VST the most is fine but…
    due to the extra space i need for the host/sd3 window the upper scalings from sd3 dont fit my Monitor (16/9).
    Example: SD3 at 150% on a 1920×1080 monitor with host. The complete Buttonbar is cutted.
    Also in the StandaloneVersion the Buttonbar is cutted off.
    Can i hope these issues will be soon fixed?

Example-of-bad-monitor-fitting-at-150-scale-1080p.jpgStandaloneVersion-150-scale.jpg

Henrik
    Participant

@joste said:
    due to the extra space i need for the host/sd3 window the upper scalings from sd3 dont fit my Monitor (16/9).
    Example: SD3 at 150% on a 1920×1080 monitor with host. The complete Buttonbar is cutted.
    Also in the StandaloneVersion the Buttonbar is cutted off.

So you feel that the default 100% scaling is too small, but 150% is too big for your screen? There will be a 125% option in the next update…

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

jorgo stefani
    Participant

Hello Hendrik.
    Wow – what a fast answer…
    That would be great.
    But – its not my “feeling” – look at the Screenshots (no image manipulation, 1:1 Screenshot, Standard 16/9 FullHD Monitor) :-))
    I have read in another Topic that TT work on Fontscaling?
    125% with free Fontscaling would absolutely perfect for FullHD Monitors / E-Drummer / Studios with unchangeable distances to the Monitor.
    Do u have some infos about the ASIO-problems? – workaround? – e.g. write my Asio settings in a SD3Asio.ini or similar?
    So long…
    Greetings from Germany

Henrik
    Participant

I’ll notify the coders, so they can have a look at it! We can’t have our software crash on you 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

jorgo stefani
    Participant

Thank you for hearing me…
    Maybe the Screenshots and the Crashdump-file can help from my side…
    One correction: Asio4all is working with SD3-Standalone but around 3times higher in latency as e.a. Cantabile

Cantabile-Asio-Control-Panel-Access.jpg
    Cubase-Asio-Control-Panel-Access.jpg
    SD3-Asio-Control-Panel-Crash.jpg

Christoffer
    Participant

Hi Joste!
    Do you get a crash dump when the stand alone crashes? If so, could you attach it to a post here so we could have a look at it?

Christoffer Lindmark - Toontrack
    Coder

olliepudge
    Participant

Hi. Just wondering if there is an update on this. I just got a new laptop and the specs definitely meet the requirements of SD3, but SD3 still crashes the second I try to adjust the ASIO in settings.

Thanks,

Josh

Christoffer
    Participant

@olliepudge said:
    Hi. Just wondering if there is an update on this. I just got a new laptop and the specs definitely meet the requirements of SD3, but SD3 still crashes the second I try to adjust the ASIO in settings.

Thanks,

Josh  

If you could supply us with a crash dump that would be extremely helpful.

Coder

chris douloudis
    Participant

Any solution to this?

In Jan 2020 the standalone EZD2 v2.0.2 still crashes the instant you change any asio settings.

Trying to run it to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen. But every time I try to change it to the Focusrite Asio it crashes, and not just EZD2 but my entire system.

It doesn’t matter is the Focusrite is already connected before launching EZD2 or after, any attempt to alter the Asio settings crashes everything. And EZD2 won’t accept the Focusrite as a default, so you HAVE to change it, which makes it crash.

This just makes the standalone version useless as it is non functional.

The VST version will work within Reaper, but this is not ideal and doesn’t solve the standalone issue.

Christoffer
    Participant

Any solution to this?

In Jan 2020 the standalone EZD2 v2.0.2 still crashes the instant you change any asio settings.

Trying to run it to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen. But every time I try to change it to the Focusrite Asio it crashes, and not just EZD2 but my entire system.

It doesn’t matter is the Focusrite is already connected before launching EZD2 or after, any attempt to alter the Asio settings crashes everything. And EZD2 won’t accept the Focusrite as a default, so you HAVE to change it, which makes it crash.

This just makes the standalone version useless as it is non functional.

The VST version will work within Reaper, but this is not ideal and doesn’t solve the standalone issue.

Make sure you have the latest Focusrite drivers installed.

Also, do you get a crash dump dialog before the system is taken down? If so, it would be very helpful if you could attach that crash dump to a post here.

Coder

chris douloudis
    Participant

Latest version of Focusrite Control v 3.4.4 drivers are installed.

No dump file option is available as it immediately crashes to a blue screen physical memory dump and shuts the laptop down completely.

Upon restart there is no option to save the dump file, so I can’t supply it as the entire system gets taken down the second the standalone asio option for the Focusrite is applied.

All that is happening to crash everything is simply trying to apply the Focusrite Asio settings on the standalone EZD2 so the audio runs to the studio monitors. And all hell breaks loose.

Great product, but useless if I can’t actually hear it through monitors. At present I can only use it via my laptop speakers, not the interface or $600 studio monitors. So disappointed intensely.

Please help.

Christoffer
    Participant

Chris, could you try and open the Windows Event Viewer and see if you can find any events there that seem to have anything to do with your crash. Critical events such as a crash are usually marked with a red symbol. Try and save those events as files and attach them here.

Coder

chris douloudis
    Participant

Attached are the logs I could find with errors. I don’t see any mention of EZD2 crashes.

What now? I’m reaching my end point. Days of time working out technical issues is exceeding the value of the software, let alone the motivation to create.

Scott

Attached are the logs I could find with errors. I don’t see any mention of EZD2 crashes.

What now? I’m reaching my end point. Days of time working out technical issues is exceeding the value of the software, let alone the motivation to create.

2.0.2 is a very old version of EZD2 (2015). Please download the Toontrack Product Manager and update to the latest version of EZD2 (2.1.8).

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

chris douloudis
    Participant

The standalone that crashes is 2.1.8.

Even still, I updated through my product manager (the updates were just for the core and midi libraries), so the version numebr stayed the same at 2.1.8.

I’ve sent the .dmp files to tech support. Hopefully this gets resolved.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.