Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Upgrading considerations

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

Hi,

please see my replies below:

1. Can I run SD3 out of Logic 9?

If you run Logic 9 in 32-bit mode, no, Superior Drummer 3 is 64-bit only. Also, the minimum OS requirement is OS 10.6.x.

• If not: Can I run it out of Logic X?

Absolutely, Logic Pro X is a 64-bit application.

• Currently I’ve got one MIDI track in my project and SD2 is applied as plugin. Can I just choose SD3 instead of SD2 and still change my MIDI stuff inside the DAWs MIDI-Editor? Or do I HAVE to use the SD3 MIDI-Editor?

Yes, you can switch out the SD2 plugin for SD3 in your Project. It will not automatically load what was in your SD2 Project but you can save User Presets in SD2 that can be opened in SD3. SD3 loads all Toontrack EZX and SDX libraries.

• I’m going to get a bigger SSD because I’d like to store more libraries on it. What would be the exact procedure to get the SD3 library on this SSD?

You use the Toontrack Product Manager to first download the installation files, then you run the Library installer from PM and direct the installer to where you want to have the Library installed.
    When the Library is installed, the downloaded installer files can be deleted.

• What stuff has to be installed on my local machine and is it possible to directly choose where to store the rest of the library (before the download starts? Thanks in advance.

The plugin, standalone app and files required for operation are stored on your system drive.
    Normally your Toontrack MIDI files and if you have EZdrummer 2 EZX:s, will be Default installed to a specific location on your system drive but this can be custom installed as well to another location and drive.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: bogdan_4
    bogdan_4
    Participant

Hi John,

great! thank you a lot for your replies.
    So Logic 9 in 64-bit mode on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 will work with SD3.

What I still didn’ get.
    Can I still change my MIDI stuff inside the DAWs MIDI-Editor (Piano Roll of Logic) the way I did it with SD2?
    Or do I have to use the new inbuilt Editor of the SD3?

Kind regards,
    Bogdan

Henrik
    Participant

Can I still change my MIDI stuff inside the DAWs MIDI-Editor (Piano Roll of Logic) the way I did it with SD2? Or do I have to use the new inbuilt Editor of the SD3?

SD3 works exactly the same as SD2 in this regard; external MIDI can be played, for example from a DAW. So you can edit the MIDI in the DAW, and SD3 will play it back.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Thanked by: bogdan_4
    bogdan_4
    Participant

Perfect! Thanks for clarification.
    I just couldn’t find any screenshots or videos showing this usecase.

And of course… if I upgrade I’d like to use the newest sounds (Black Beauty :))  without having to change my whole workflow immediatly. At least not in the middle of the production ;).

So… Have a nice day… and also nice UI by the way.
    KR,
    Bogdan

Thanked by: Henrik
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.