Upgrade required before uninstall?

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rogue

It sounds like you may have some extremely old MSI based installs for those EZXs. Check the Program and Features control panel for any entries with description matching those EZXs and use the uninstall facility from there.

… that said I’m not entirely sure why the new uninstall process would not clean up the components that PM uses to assess those products are installed (or rather are not, after using the uninstaller).

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Rogue

hum, actually, I think the problem is a bug in the Uninstaller that was resolved quite a while back, but is not in use in all the products downloads. The workaround would be either to reinstall EZdrummer so you can uninstall those EZXs (then uninstall EZdrummer, not the other way around), or yes, you can simply delete the EZX folders manually.

On the other hand, if what you are trying to do is to move your EZHOME to a different drive then you should just be able to copy the entire EZdrummer directory where you want it, then reinstall EZdrummer, pointing the installer to this new location.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

brynolf11
    Participant

@Rogue said:
    It sounds like you may have some extremely old MSI based installs for those EZXs.

No, I just downloaded the install files a couple of days ago using the very same PM.

@Rogue said:
    hum, actually, I think the problem is a bug in the Uninstaller that was resolved quite a while back, but is not in use in all the products downloads. The workaround would be either to reinstall EZdrummer so you can uninstall those EZXs (then uninstall EZdrummer, not the other way around),

I tried reinstalling EZdrummer with all updates. Didn’t make a difference.

@Rogue said:
    or yes, you can simply delete the EZX folders manually.

YAY! And there are no other files hidden away anywhere else that will come back to bite me?

@Rogue said:
    On the other hand, if what you are trying to do is to move your EZHOME to a different drive then you should just be able to copy the entire EZdrummer directory where you want it, then reinstall EZdrummer, pointing the installer to this new location.

I googled this and found this page saying you have to uninstall and reinstall on the new location (unless you have EZdrummer 2 of course)
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-the-sounds-for-ezdrummer-2/

John

If you are using EZdrummer 1, you are correct in that you can’t point the software to the new location.
    Did it work to uninstall the EZX’s via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

brynolf11
    Participant

@John said:

If you are using EZdrummer 1, you are correct in that you can’t point the software to the new location.
    Did it work to uninstall the EZX’s via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel?

Yep, it’s EZdrummer 1.

The EZX:es don’t show up in the list of programs, only the main app did.

John

Then you should be safe with deleting the remaining stuff in the EZdrummer folder, after you have uninstalled what can be uninstalled with PM.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

brynolf11
    Participant

@John said:

Then you should be safe with deleting the remaining stuff in the EZdrummer folder, after you have uninstalled what can be uninstalled with PM.

Will do. Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.