Updated version of EZ Keys please!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • John Russell
    Participant

We really really need this update very soon indeed…I have Ez Bass 3 and New EzDrummer 3 and wow…what a difference

ez keys 2 MUST be re tweaked as it’s an awesome programme to join with other updated software. My main DAW is Studio One 5.2 these days.

I’ve also also branched out and now belong to Native Instruments and have a growing library as I use the hardware Large keyboard and Maschine + Jam also, still want Ez Keys 3 tho…I integrate my Ez Software into my Hardware. Works a treat.

come on Toontracks when are we gonna get EZ Keys 3????

Thanked by: prafle
    ajiuo
    Participant

We really really need this update very soon indeed…I have Ez Bass 3 and New EzDrummer 3 and wow…what a difference

ez keys 2 MUST be re tweaked as it’s an awesome programme to join with other updated software. My main DAW is Studio One 5.2 these days.

I’ve also also branched out and now belong to Native Instruments and have a growing library as I use the hardware Large keyboard and Maschine + Jam also, still want Ez Keys 3 tho…I integrate my Ez Software into my Hardware. Works a treat.

come on Toontracks when are we gonna get EZ Keys 3????

Dang I want to know how you got your hands on EZBass 3!!! EZBass 2 hasn’t even come out yet!!!

prafle
    Participant

+100 for an EZ Keys update to match EZDrummer3 — I know a full overhaul is a major project, but *PLEASE* move EZK2.0 up the priority list!  For the record, I own EZD2, EZD3, EZK, multiple expansions for Drums and Keys, and at least a dozen MIDI packs. I use them all them time – EZD is central to my creative process. EZK is becoming just as important to my songwriting. So I’m (literally) invested in Toontrack.

If I’m being honest, I would be really happy just to have a re-sizeable interface that I can read on a hi-rez screen without using a magnifying glass. Deliver that, and I’ll get off your back for a while! But as long as you’re under the hood, ideally, I’d be ecstatic to have the equivalent of these features from EZD3:

• The equivalent of EZD3’s “Bandmate” feature — I’d love to drop in a guitar track and have EZK ID the chords and suggest styles/patterns to match.
    • The in-app MIDI editor — I use this all the time in Drummer now, and it’s so nice to be able to make those edits without leaving the plug-in, and to save them with the EZD project file!
    • Some way to import/mirror song arrangements I’ve created in Drummer (and vice-versa) so we can keep the verse-chorus-bridge song structures aligned without having to click back and forth, write down bar #s, etc.

But again — update the interface so I don’t have to squint, and I would be willing to wait for those other things… at least for a little while!  Until then, though, I’m having a hard time mustering any enthusiasm for any more TT purchases if TT’s not willing to at least acknowledge the chorus of similar requests on this forum. I know it won’t be easy to build, but an updated EZKeys would be an absolute game changer. I hope you sieze that opportunity!!

PR

Alan
    Participant

Yes, a good start would be a resizable interface, it is very difficult to work with EZkeys on account of the fixed resolution and awkward controls compared to the newer UIs the SD3, EZD3 and EZBass use. If EZkeys gets some love, Toontrack is positioned to be a strong alternative to Band-in-a-box which is so easy to work with. Toontrack offers better editing capabilities for actual tracking on account of the fantastic vsts and human performance midi packs. I am really looking forward to the day when I can track a whole rhythm section in an EZ interface… maybe something like EZ Studio? Or EZ Rythm? Or EZ Band? I’ve got lots more $$$ for you when you deliver Toontrack! 🙂

Mark Styles
    Participant

UPGRADE EZKEYS  PLEASE

I’ve owned Superior Drums for many years.  Always appreciated the time, and effort that went into creating this.  A top-notch product.  Over Thanksgiving, I tried the trial of EZ Bass, which Seemed pretty decent, But 10 days is not enough time to learn this instrument, seeing as the manual is so minimal.  During your sale, I invested several hundred dollars into EZ BASS, EZ KEYS, EZ DRUMs.  Because you presented it as a songwriting packing stating the programs worked together to create a easy system to write songs.

When I got to EZ keys, I am shocked.  It is so far behind EZ Bass, in terms of functions, I found it very misleading (almost criminal the way you presented it).  If I had bought everything from Thoman in England, I could have returned everything..

If you updated EZEYS to the level of EZ BASS, EZDRUMS. things would be really fine. It’s like you started EZ keys as a clever inexpensive tool, Then EZ drums. Now with EZ Bass, you have brought this past the cheap 1 trick tool.  You have the foundation for a powerful suite of tools, but can’t quite decide what you want to do.  Much as Apple’s top-of-the-line Mac Pro was their crowning glory, They then discovered of iPhone, and iWatch, ipads, were much cheaper with a greater profit.   They seem to be begrudgiNG upgrade the  Mac Pro, because the profit and sales of other productions far outweigh the Pro.  Several times I have gone into Apple stores. and most of the staff is not really clear on what a Mac Pro is and some even Logic Pro.

Toontracks is in a similar position, they are straddling the fence on whether to invest the time to make.  I also feel like some customers here.  Neglected and kinda ‘RIPPED OFF’.

PLEASE UPDATE/UPGRADE EZ KEYS

wigglymilk
    Participant

run 3

Yes, a good start would be a resizable interface, it is very difficult to work with EZkeys on account of the fixed resolution and awkward controls compared to the newer UIs the SD3, EZD3 and EZBass use. If EZkeys gets some love, Toontrack is positioned to be a strong alternative to Band-in-a-box which is so easy to work with. Toontrack offers better editing capabilities for actual tracking on account of the fantastic vsts and human performance midi packs. I am really looking forward to the day when I can track a whole rhythm section in an EZ interface… maybe something like EZ Studio? Or EZ Rythm? Or EZ Band? I’ve got lots more $$$ for you when you deliver Toontrack! 🙂

I was surprised to see EZ keys. In terms of functionality, it is so much behind EZ Bass that I thought it was very deceptive (almost criminal the way you presented it). I could have returned everything if I had purchased it all from Thoman in England. Things would be great if you upgraded EZEYS to the level of EZ BASS and EZDRUMS. It’s like if you first introduced EZ Keys as a brilliant, affordable tool, and then EZ Drums. You have advanced this past the simple one trick gadget with EZ Bass now. You have the building blocks for a strong toolkit, but you’re not exactly sure what you want to achieve.

Mark Styles
    Participant

I bought easy bass first, very impressed, then easy drums – not enough control, over individual sounds, not useful for some users.. Finally EZ keys..  IT HAS TO BE UPDATED!!!!!     I’m not bothering to buy anything from you anymore.

The idea to use a shared chord trak is brilliant, and saves a lot of time in making controllable and interesting bass/drums. If you completed the system, you would have a powerful tool.  which I’m sure a lot of people buy into

I understand you are going for a different, larger market – and if that’s your goal – Good luck to you,,

Superior drums is well – SUPERIOR..   I need the same especially for the keys. Packaging them all as different VI’s is JUST CHEESY.  A cheap ‘f**k you to the customer’  You’re just want the money now.

John

Hi Mark,

I wonder if you have missed that EZkeys 2 has been out for quite a while now?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Scott Eshleman
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.