Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Toontrack products not found in Cubase 12 MacOS M1 Native

Studio Corner
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Olof

Cubase 12 in Apple silicon native mode does not support VST 2, only VST 3. EZdrummer 2 is VST 2 only. You would need to run Cubase in Rosetta mode to use EZdrummer 2 in it.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanked by: clineschmdit
    clineschmdit
    Participant

Thanks.  Well, that’s a bummer.  Does Toontrack plan to release a VST3 version?

Olof

https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-3/

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanked by: clineschmdit
    clineschmdit
    Participant

https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-3/

I looked through the details and the Q&A and found no specific mention of a VST3 version.

Sure…EZD3 will run on Cubase back to version 6, but so will EZD2 if you don’t run Cubase on a Mac in native mode because you don’t care about actually taking advantage of your hardware lol.  Not convinced…

clineschmdit
    Participant

Actually…in little tiny print I did find this: “It may still work but a prerequisite is that the host supports VST3, AU or AAX instruments.”

More encouraging…

Norman Stewart
    Participant

Interesting that Olof the Toontrack moderator never responded when asked if there would be updates to VST3.  Some type of response would have been nice, even if the answer is “No”.  I am disappointed.  I am also wondering if EZKeys and EZMix will ever be updated to VST3!

John

Hi,

updates to the long since discontinued EZdrummer 2 will most likely not happen but EZdrummer 3 is VST3, as is EZbass and Superior Drummer 3.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Juan Manuel
    Participant

Yes but what about EZMix 2? When will we get a VST3 update?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.