TOONTRACK DRUM MODULE PLEASE!!

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ilja Körrer
    Participant

Hi there!!!
    That’s my wish for years!!
    The only reason I haven’t updated to SD3 is to save the money for an upcoming Drumbrain, that serves real natural sounding drums, like maybe the GEWA G9 Workstation that will be launched in September i think. The reason I use E-Drums is to be very flexible on stage regarding the song and what it needs. The Audience deserves to get the sound of a song as near as possible to the original. For me as a TOP40 Band Drummer, you need to be up with the needed sound in a second, especially live on stage.
    Also with some ridicolous Sounds 😉 . . . . or real E-Sounds for som Club-, R&B Dance and House Stuff.
    You at Toontrack do such a great job with your sounds and libraries that are really outstanding! So please think about doing as wished a thousand times, by a thousand drummers.
    Why do you think, that such a lot of Drumcompanies come up with Drumbrains that have VST based Sounds?!???
    The market for a flexible system is much bigger than you think.

I agree with GT_4, we need something affordable, good sounding, opensourced VST-Player for Liveperformance!!!!!
    Yours Ilja

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

I would pay $2000 for a Toontrack DrumBrain if it can replace the software-features in the most important aspects. But it has to be on the same level with Roland modules in trigger quality and trigger settings and low latency. Wink

Jorg
    Participant

@GT_4 said:
    Here is a major tip from an e-drum consumer. If you could develop an affordable ($400-$600) drum module and release it to the market you would dominate e-drums. Your Toontrack brand drum sounds surpass other drum manufacturers including Steven Slate by a landslide. Especially if your module allowed drummers to use Toontrack sounds they have already purchased. Most modules have a lot more than the average drummer needs and computers can be unreliable for live performances. We don’t want all of those ridiculous bike horns, guitar stabs and animal growls. We really need reliable trigger settings, great expandable sounds, a programmable metronome and the ability to add backing tracks to the module. Use the technology in Superior Drummer 3 minus the composition tools and you got it. The biggest problem in the e-drum market is everything of decent quality is way overpriced for regular working musicians. I say sell the module less expensive and get us to buy expansion packs. It’s a great business model. I would love to hear other drummers thoughts on this.

I also would love to be a part of a development team. I have professional drumming and business experience and can validate my thinking if serious thought was being considered.

Thanks
    GT  

At the moment the best option for you and your very limited budget the best option is a 2box module…

Juicy
    Participant

2Box and Toontrack should take a long lunch together.

Jorg
    Participant

@Juicy said:
    2Box and Toontrack should take a long lunch together.  

I know right, they’re both swedes, heck they’re maybe closer than they think, if they ever come with a “Toontrack 2Box Pro” module I will get it in a nanosecond…

Juicy
    Participant

Likewise, Best od the Best, the others would be put to shame.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.