Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Time Signature not working with “Follow Daw”

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott

If you’re talking about S3, then you can manually input the time signature changes on the Song Track to align with your DAW time signatures.

If you’re talking about EZD2, see this thread as the same manual inputting of time signature changes isn’t included in EZD2.

https://www.toontrack.com/forum/requests-and-feedback/ezdrummer-2-time-signature-changes/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Douglas Hough
    Participant

Can’t find anything online regarding how to manually edit time sig changes in the song track…I can change the overall time signature but it always applies to the whole track.  How can I change only a few bars at a time in a song track in SD3?  ***NEVERMIND – figured it out.  For anyone wondering, right click on measure marker bar at the top of the song track and “Edit Time Signature…” will appear.  Select “Options” and then “Add at playhead” for every time sig adjustment needing to be made***

Thanked by: Henrik
    Scott

Can’t find anything online regarding how to manually edit time sig changes in the song track…I can change the overall time signature but it always applies to the whole track. How can I change only a few bars at a time in a song track in SD3?

See this section in the S3 manual on how to add time signature changes on the Song Track.

https://www.toontrack.com/manual/superior-drummer-3/7/#7-1-the-track-menu

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik
    Participant

right click on measure marker bar

The time signature editor can also be found in the Track menu (top left corner above the track) 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

judahkim
    Participant

Can’t find anything online regarding how to manually edit time sig changes in the song track…I can change the overall time signature but it always applies to the whole track.  How can I change only a few bars at a time in a song track in SD3?  ***NEVERMIND – figured it out.  For anyone wondering, right click on measure marker bar at the top of the song track and “Edit Time Signature…” will appear.  Select “Options” and then “Add at playhead” for every time sig adjustment needing to be made***

Thanks Douglas!  And I’ll add that for MACS (in case you didn’t already know) follow the above directions and instead of “right click” it’s “control+click”

jakub.kudlac
    Participant

Hi there,

it would be cool if SD3 reflected time signature changes from DAW. In some of my project i have dozens of those… so i simply resigned to use this part of superior drummer. Maybe could be implemented in future update.

j

John

Hi Jakub,

as pointed out here on the Forum several times over the years, Time Signature changes are not sent to plug-ins from the host in the way Tempo is, so there is no way for a plug-in to “know” there has been a Time Signature change. I.e. nothing that Toontrack can “fix in an update”.
    You have the next best thing in SD3 already, which is the possibility to Import Time Sig changes (Tempo changes as well) from a MIDI file. This means that if you have Time Sig changes in your DAW, you can just export a MIDI file – doesn’t matter what MIDI is in it – and then Import the Time Sig changes from that MIDI file to the SD3 Song Track via the Track Menu.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Bob Schachner
    john arcand
    Participant

i never had any of toontracks products show up in reaper  daw ..all my other drum stuff loaded great ad drums /bfd drums/steven slate..be cool to record it with out or a mic

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.