Thinking about buying EZD and Superior 2.0

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Martin

Hi Rowbi,

thank you for your interest in Toontrack products!

A1: You will get MIDI grooves with Superior Drummer 2.0 as well, but not quite as many as in EZdrummer, and they are not the same grooves as well. The MIDI in Superior Drummer is played by the well renowned session drummer Nir Z (Chris Cornell, Joss Stone, John Mayer, Jason Mraz).

A3 (you missed Q2 ): Superior Drummer 2.0 is not more geared towards V-drums than it is for studio use. The main advantage for V-drum users in Superior is the Mapping settings, where you can map your sounds however you like. EZplayer Pro has a built-in map wrap, which basically maps the MIDI groove according to the drum sampler that you wish to use. Supported sampler mappings at the time of writing are: EZdrummer®, Superior Drummer®, legacy dfh Superior and DFH® 1&2, Strike, Battery, Kontakt, BFD 1&2, Addictive Drums, Reason Drum Kits, SampleTank, Ocean Way Drums, SR DrumMasters, Steven Slate Drums, Drumcore, and of course any GM software or hardware sampler.

A4: You can use DFH EZX within Superior Drummer 2.0. The sounds are not the same as in Metal Foundry, so it’s basically up to you to decide what sound you are looking for. I suggest you check the product pages for the both products to compare sounds. The DFH EZX has more MIDI than The Metal Foundry, but has around 1 GB of sounds compared to 35 GB in Metal Foundry.

A5: The MIDI Packs are MIDI grooves designed for EZdrummer / Superior Drummer and also works with all expansions, since all Toontrack products follows GM Extended Mapping. The MIDI packs will after installation appear in both your EZplayer Pro (if you have one, that is) and your Grooves Window in EZdrumer / Superior Drummer, so they are easily accessable at any time. They do not contain any sounds, but only MIDI, played live by well renowned session drummers. If you wish to use Toontrack MIDI packs with any other company’s drum sampler, you might wanna get EZplayer Pro to easily re-map the MIDI to the corresponding mapping in that particular drum sampler.

A6: The Crossgrade from EZdrummer to Superior Drummer 2.0 is for users that have EZdrummer registered, and want to upgrade to Superior Drummer. With the Crossgrade, they get to so at a discounted price. If you don’t have EZdrummer registered, you can’t use the Crossgrade.

If you have any further questions, we will be here to assist you.

Cheers,

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Rowbi
    Participant

thanks for your answers.  it sounds like I can do what I want.

just to clarify things.

you mention: Supported sampler mappings at the time of writing are: EZdrummer®, Superior Drummer®, legacy dfh Superior and DFH® 1&2, Strike, Battery, Kontakt, BFD 1&2, Addictive Drums, Reason Drum Kits, SampleTank, Ocean Way Drums, SR DrumMasters, Steven Slate Drums, Drumcore, and of course any GM software or hardware sampler.

are you saying that I can use reason’s sampler to control EZPlayer Pro?  I’m not sure how that would work and what I could do with it.  can you expand a little as I’m new to Reason at the moment, and I’m still getting used to how it works.

Also, on the crossgrade option…. it’s cheaper for me to buy EZDrummer and the Crossgrade for SD2.0 than it is to buy just SD2.0 at my store.  so what I’m getting at is, if I buy EZDrummer and the crossgrade, will I just get my EZDrummer license totally removed and then a SD2 license added to my account?  or will I be able to use both if I want to because I did buy the EZDrummer full version as well as the SD2.0 crossgrade?  I know it sounds daft, but I save £20 that way, and I hope to then be able to use EZDrummer on its own sometimes too as that’s what I’m used to.

Regards Rowbi www.rowbinet.co.uk

Martin

Hi,

You can use Toontrack MIDI with Reason drum kits. In most drum samplers the mapping differs, sometimes more, sometimes less. Say for instance that if you would play a Toontrack MIDI groove in another companies sampler, you might get the kick where the snare should be, and the floor tom plays where there instead should have been a crash cymbal. You get the picture. Now, what EZplayer does is re-map your Toontrack MIDI so that it will match with the mapping of your preferred drum sampler, Reason for example.

If you have both EZdrummer and the Crossgrade, you can use both products. The EZdrummer license will not be removed from your account when registering the Crossgrade.

Thanks,

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Rowbi
    Participant

ok, I understand about the midi grooves now.

and i like the sound of being able to use EZD and SD2.0.

thanks for your help… now I just need pay day to come around and I’ll be drumming away

Regards Rowbi www.rowbinet.co.uk

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.