The Download Speed Issue

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • John

Hi,

it does not necessarily depend on your ISP but many times it does or it is AV/Firewall related but it can also be related to where in the world you are located.

I suggest you contact Toontrack Support directly, so they may help check if there’s any problem with the CDN in your part of the world.
    Please see any of the FAQ pages to find the ‘Contact Support’ button.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Martin Prosperi
    Participant

Hi 🙂

I’m also having download speed problems. I just bought Superior Drummer 3 and a The Metal Foundry SDX.

I have a 100 MB/s symmetrical connection, and first 10 GBs of data are downloaded at full speed, then it stucks  at 7.6 MB/s. I pause the donwload for some minutes, then I unpause it and the problem persists.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Operating system: Windows 10
    kurobosi
    Participant

Same here.
    I just bought SD3 on Black Friday sale.
    The ISP I use shows almost 1Gbps/sec in max and averages about 200Mbps @fast.com but the download manager says only it downloads only *1.6Mb/s* is extremely slow.

It is obvious that the problem seems to be happed on the Toontrack server side.

Operating system: Windows 11
    Dan Guldenzopf
    Participant

Yes, download speed is very unsatisfactory.  Considering an alternate product.  My son built me a new PC and its very fast so I’m enjoying that, but I had to download all my Toontrack items again, all 64 including Superior Drummer, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, and a ton of expansion packs and Midi and additional SDX, EBX packs.

I’m seeing 6-12 meg download speeds on my 1 gig (850 meg speed tested) internet service to which I’m hardwired to.  As stated above, by others, this is the only program that is delivering such slow speed.

Granted I don’t have to do this very often, but do feel its a problem that Toontrack needs to address.

If relevant I live in Washington State  USA

Thank you,

Dan Guldenzopf

Full Circle Sound

xlrashn35
    Participant

Same here, I saw 12MB/s  for a few seconds… then back down, way back down to ~2MB/s

I am in Denver, trying to download Area 33 expansion for SD3, Windows 11 with 1 gig dedicated Fiber from Centurylink

wish we could choose a mirror that is closer to us in the toontrack product manager.

thanks

Jon

fossile
    Participant

very likely, like a lot of companies, the downloads are set to a quota / throttle per user or per connection. even with file hosting on Amazon etc, most people paying for the network usage will limit it. now sometimes computers can be clever and open multiple connections which can give the appearance of initially faster downloads, but it’s also likely that intelligent networks can ultimately identify a single requestor source and converge those under the quota. in most cases, a faster computer will work better because it can handle more of the internal home/office connection speeds and process the file onto the hard disks.

this is done for basically two reasons – everyone gets equal performance (good or bad is in the eyes of the beholder…) and money. if the network or file hosting service charges for usage (and most do) then massive fast downloads can become seriously expensive for the company…

Glenn

www.runnel.com
    www.reverbnation.com/fossile

Smiffy
    Participant

Hi, having crappy speeds here too. 950+ mbps hardline connection and the download manager tells me 1000 hours until it’s done…totally NOT SATISFACTORY, I paid 300 pounds for this a couple of years ago…WTF happened to this service? SORT IT OUT PLEASE, FFS. I can’t leave the goddamn PC on all night for Christ’s sake.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.